2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2.5L from North America

Great car! Questionable service

Passenger door window rattles if not fully open or closed.

Air conditioning doesn't work as well as it should.

Some times, especially in cool or cold weather it takes a few seconds till the car starts. (unless gas pedal is pushed)

Interior squeaks when making a slow turn.

Rear doors squeak every 5000 KM

Dealer some how does not find any problems?

General Comments:

This car does live up to it's reputation as being a pocket rocket. Even though I have an automatic it is easily the fastest car I've been in under $24000, (my price range). The handling is very good. At times you do feel the bumps of pot holes, but nothing that isn't expected for a semi tight suspension.

The breaking is good, wind noise is expected.

For a small car the truck does have a lot of room however the rear seats are better left for children and small adults.

I side for the above mentioned problems the maintenance on the car has been everything in the owners manual. No surprises yet.

I get 21 mpg city and 35 mpg highway.

I would recommend buying a SE-R.

Review Date: 5th October, 2004

2004 Nissan Sentra Spec V 2.5 from North America

Poor mans pocket rocket

Trunk latch's can slip into valet mode sometimes.

General Comments:

Looks like a standard commute-o-box. Set up so you can have fun driving to work each day. Good stock 7 speaker sterio, very affordable, functional 4 door that handles great.

Review Date: 14th August, 2004

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S from North America

Good buy for the price

Trunk "Cancel lever" was defective right from the start. Dealer fixed it, but still seems to be loose though it works fine so far.

General Comments:

Engine vibrations are significant around 2500 rpm range. Definitely noticeable when you go uphill. Otherwise pretty good buy for 11+K.

Review Date: 4th April, 2004

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 1.8 from North America

High Performance, Reliable and Affordable

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

General Comments:

Awesome car.

I am a rally driver and I do street racing as well so I am used to at least 200HP cars, but, this car with 126HP and a great low RPM torque runs awesome. You would not feel underpowered in this car. They came up with the SE-R type which has 40-50HP more than this one, but I drove it, it is not that much different.

I love this car so far.

Review Date: 17th October, 2003

2nd Apr 2005, 23:24

I drove a 2001 Sentra (5 speed manual) today, that my friend has! I really have been reconsidering my 2004 ford Focus (4 speed automatic, manual overdrive off) ever since. I liked the Sentra its very spunky! Its comparible to my '87 Jetta turbo (5 speed manual) that I was also driving today! I am glad that you like your car and I hope that I will like my new one, too.