2014 Nissan Versa Note S 1.6 gas from North America
Great for the budget conscious owner
Nothing so far, but I have only had it for a few months.
I was going to consider buying a more upscale used car, but I have had many used cars and did not want to get into a car with possible big problems, so for an affordable price I went with this no frills compact car.
Pros of my base model manual transmission Versa Note:
- Lots of interior space
- The manual gearbox allows you to get the most power out of the small engine.
- Looks good to me, although it is subjective (does not look as cheap as you might think).
- Steering feel and turning radius are excellent.
- Fuel economy is excellent, especially on the highway.
- Brakes seem good so far (strong enough for a quick stop).
- Lots of storage space in the front.
- Very spacious back seats for passengers.
- Excellent visibility with only a tiny blind spot.
- Comes standard with a locking gas cover
- I went on a few longer trips, and it was comfortable and feels good on the highway with little noise.
- Gas tank is tiny, seems like the designers might have made it smaller to crank out all the inside space.
- The manual does not come with keyless entry.
- My model did not come with a hatch release button; you can only open it by turning the key, which I was not expecting, nor was I warned LOL (my biggest gripe).
- There is no mirror on the passenger side sun visor on the base model LOL.
- Both sun visors are much too tiny to properly block the sun. This should be changed on the next year model for safety reasons.
- The car came with heated and powered side mirrors, but I would have rather had a button on the inside to release the trunk.
Final note: Great value since I just finished school and have a budget; it beats taking the bus, but you're not going to be taking big dates out in this. It is A to B travel, no frills, but affordable!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 9th January, 2014
26th Apr 2015, 16:01
I test drove a base 2014 and a SR 2015. The base was a stick and at 60 mph it shows 3000 RPM on the tach; the SR was a CVT and showed almost 1000 less RPM. Nice riding little car. The sun visors are too small.
The 2015 has a fix to the step up load floor when seats folded... a little shelf to put on top of the floor... not a good solution. Would be better to have the seats fold twice... once as they do now, and then to fold up against the front seat backs.