2007 Opel Astra Cosmo 1.7 turbo diesel 110hp from Romania
Efficient all rounder
During a long trip (1300 km), the turbo vacuum valve made the light on the dashboard light up and the car go into safe mode. Happened twice during the trip. From then the light is lit, but the engine is working fine; no loss of power, no other problems at all. The light on the dashboard disappears after driving some 20 km (the engine warms up).
Other cars are a bit lighter (some 10-40 kg), and this impacts acceleration and fuel efficiency.
What I like is:
- Very fuel efficient: I get 4.4 l/100 km if I drive normal.
- If you keep it under 90 km/h, you will get 4.0 l/100 km
- Reaches 160 km/h very quickly.
- No creaks.
- Seats are very good.
- In the back there's plenty of space.
- The dashboard has many useful, very well sized buttons.
- Plenty of space at the driver's seat.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 1st August, 2011