2008 Opel Astra Reviews

2008 Opel Astra Exclusive 1.3 CDTI turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.3 CDTI turbo diesel Manual
Previous carPeugeot 307

Summary:

Very good

Nothing.

General Comments:

This car is fantastic. I got it brand new in 2008, and never looked back.

I was a bit unsure about the engine being only a 1.3, but how I was wrong, this car is a little rocket when you put the foot down.

I love this car and it's very cheap to run. I get 65 mpg, and the road tax is low too. 156 per year.

I would recommend an Astra to everyone. Make sure to go for 1.3 CDTi engine; avoid the 1.4 petrol, they're not half as fun as the 1.3 TDi, and they're more expensive to run.

Review Date: 18th April, 2011

5th Jun 2013, 13:23

I totally agree with you. I just got a 1.3 CDTi Club model, and it is very, very good. I had a 1.4 petrol and I'm sorry I didn't get the diesel one first. The diesel one is so much faster and cheaper to run. I will never look back.

6th Jun 2013, 09:09

I agree with both of you. I got a 2009 Astra Design 1.3 CDTi in 2011 with 38000km on the clock, and I have to say I love it so much. My wife has a Hyundai ix35, and when she drove the Astra, she did not say much, but two weeks later she told to me she was going to get one, and one month later she was driving a gorgeous 2010 Wine Red, Elite, top of the range model. Need I say any more...

2008 Opel Astra Classic II 1.4 twinport from Serbia

Engine and transmission 1.4 twinport Manual
Previous carOpel Kadett

Summary:

Reliable, still good looking

No faults yet.

General Comments:

Surprisingly low fuel consumption (in and out of the city).

Very decent car in its price range (just to make clear, this is one of the cheapest cars here since the model is 10 years old, only the engine is new generation). Interior is still much more appealing than in other similar priced cars - seems to be made from the higher quality materials than its competitors).

Review Date: 22nd December, 2009

2008 Opel Astra 1.6 from Egypt

Previous carSuzuki Swift

Summary:

A very good car

The rubber cover of the clutches fall off every time I fix them in place.

General Comments:

This car is a very good car, you can safely depend on it. Very good mileage per liter, and it's a big winner in saving on petrol, it is a very quick car and it handles perfectly. The only bad thing about it is the seat are so firm that sometimes they hurt my body, I can never sit with my wallet in my back pocket or it will hurt me.

It has a good boot space. I did hit the road on a trip of 350 km doing a smooth 170 km/hr with no problems.

The inside of the car is really well put together, giving you the feeling that it is a one of the top cars.

All around, it is one of the best cars in this price range.

Review Date: 21st March, 2009

26th Oct 2009, 07:28

I disagree.

In this car's price range, I'd say ALL the other cars are better. This car is VERY expensive for what it is.