2003 Opel Corsa Reviews

2003 Opel Corsa Excellence 1.2 from Greece

Most recent distance52000 kilometres

Summary:

Generally good, but very disappointing gearbox

Have had continuous trouble with the gear box (which my son, who purchased the same car one month after me, also has.) Often unable to engage first gear, especially first thing in the morning.

Indicator lights flash erratically, most times too quickly, sometimes correctly. Seems to depend on the temperature outside. None of the bulbs need changing, but the Opel representative is unable to find and fix the problem permanently.

General Comments:

Apart from the above problems, like the feel of the car, it is just the right size for a town with very narrow streets and few parking places.

Review Date: 22nd October, 2009

19th Jan 2011, 05:55

Hey. It sounds like a bad earth on one of the tail lamps. Turn on the lights and turn on indicators to see if one of the lamps starts to flash unusually. Most times it's the back lamps. If not try replacing the indicator relay.

2003 Opel Corsa Comfort 1.4 from South Africa

Year of manufacture2003

Summary:

Nice little car, I'd buy it again!

When I bought it nothing was wrong, except at 5000km the rear wiper fell loose for which I took it to the dealer and found a screw was loose. After tightening it, I never had a problem again.

At 60000km I had a problem with the radio, the CD player tends to get stuck and does not respond to any commands, I would press "eject" and nothing would happen. Sometimes it would display "track 85" on a CD with 12 tracks. I took it to the dealer for repairs (which I paid for) but it came back with the same problem. It still does it sometimes, but I don't think I want to wait another 3 weeks it takes for it to be repaired.

General Comments:

Since this is my first car and I'm a lady, my priority has been reliability, and so far I have never been disappointed. I have never had an instance when I had to call a breakdown or when it would not start in the morning.

It has good fuel consumption, and servicing is not too expensive.

The central locking is still fine, but the drivers side lock tends to be slower than it used to be when it was new.

I like the space especially at the back, and the automatic locking at 30km/h, and unlocking when the the key is pulled off the ignition.

Review Date: 27th January, 2006

16th Apr 2007, 23:54

I have a Opel Corsa 1.4 Twinport Manual bought in March 2004. Very improved compared with previous model. Great performance, economy. Poor rear visibility, plastic interior, noise heard from the rear couch, front ventilation mouth does not span the entire car width. This car seems to be built with cost cut in mind. Also prefer to use 95 Grade gasoline, seems susceptible to gasoline changes. One major problem : I had an oil leak at 33500 km. I changed a rubber that probably caused the problem and it appeared fixed. Now after 5 months and 5000 km more I have oil leak again. Anyone encountered the same problem?

2003 Opel Corsa Comfort 1.4 from South Africa

Previous carNA NA

Summary:

Good on Fuel consumption and no rattles like the previous model

When I purchased the car it was not very resposnive, but the dealer upgraded the Software on the car.

The central locking gave a few problems was in at least 4 times before problem got fixed.

General Comments:

Very good on fuel consumption.

I would like to see that Opel fixes their central locking system because that is the only problem I have ever-ytime I send it for a service.

Review Date: 7th July, 2005

2003 Opel Corsa Choice 1.4 16v 90hp petrol from Greece

Engine and transmission 1.4 16v 90hp petrol Manual
Most recent distance20000 kilometres
Previous carOpel Corsa

Summary:

Quite decent actually

The car is 1,5 years old; nothing to report; everything has been OK so far.

General Comments:

I have been using this car for 20,000 km. I have bought it new, a base model, no ABS / EBD, just prior to the Opel release of their TwinPort engine version. The more electronics you've got on, the most likely something will go wrong.

I assumed that their current model would be a ripe debugged mechanical design; since their 16V 1.4 engine motor had been in the market for almost 6 years. To this point I have had no mechanical problems. The engine efficiency is quite good. I am ordinarily getting 6,5 lit / 100km.

Performance for the 1.4 90hp engine? The car weighs 1.100 kg; It is rather heavy for this engine. The previous model scored much better in acceleration, because it was lighter.

Road grip is very much improved compared to the previous model. High speed cruising is quite stable too.

Comfort? Look to french rivals for that. The seats are stiff and uncomfortable. Noise? Rough and felt over 4.000 rpm; with 5th gear that is 135 km/hr, bellow that it is OK; I can live with that.

Service cost? Service intervals are every 30,000 km, double to the previous model. Generally speaking, opels are rather expensive to maintain in Greece.

It is quite roomy for its size. I had a very consciencious decision among cars like Honda Jazz, VW Polo, Ford Fiesta, Daihatsu YRV and Fiat Punto and this model. It was a compromise between value for money, performance, room, and previous owner experience with the Opel brand.

On the whole, if the car maintains its reliability, I would consider it a decent purchase, worth the 12,400 Euro I shelled for it.

Review Date: 7th January, 2005

22nd Dec 2005, 06:02

I have a Holden Barina (rebadged Corsa). Fuel economy in the city and town driving is very good - for high speed country driving, it's not so good. Seats are only comfortable for a few hours. After 24 hours, they're not at all comfortable. Inside space for seating is good - space once the back seat is down is very good - I've carried a clothes dryer and a small fridge with no problems. Brakes good even without ABS, aircon good, but struggles in very hot times.

In general, a very good vehicle for around a town and city commuting, but not a long-legged interstate cruiser.