2003 Opel Corsa CDTi 1.7 turbo diesel from Belgium

Summary:

Fast, Fun, Cheap to Run

Door panels scratch easily.

Problem With Battery Light Coming On.

Drivers door is mounted poorly with a large gap.

General Comments:

Great in snow, doesn't slide at all, will out drive anything else on the road when it ices over, very predictable if it does slide, very easy to catch.

Leg room can be a little lacking for taller drivers.

Wind noise at any speed. Opel problem.

Bad rear visibility; especially when pulling out of junctions.

Noisy engine. Quite primitive, but pulls well in each gear and gives amazing economy.

Good powerful lighting and fog lamps.

Surprisingly comfortable for a small car.

Handles like a go cart on continental - sport contacts; (factory issued) will corner at any speed safely, with little or no body roll.

Good Brakes, with ABS.

Review Date: 26th March, 2004

13th Aug 2004, 15:10

It is a wonderful car. I use it as a motoring school.

30th May 2006, 14:50

I Have a 1.3 CDTI I think it is great cheap to run quick off the mark, I would buy another, only fault with mine was a failed alternator, but Vauxhall repaired that free of charge great little car.

13th Oct 2006, 20:25

I have a Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTI. It's superb. I love it. Very nippy for a 1.3 diesel.

19th Oct 2008, 03:09

Bought a Corsa 1.3 CDTi 5 weaaks ago. When in 2nd gear at about 10-15mph it makes a knocking noise. Vauxhall say their technicians can't hear it, and say it's fine.

Also the the light that looks like a car split in half by a spanner now comes on and stays on; it takes numerous attempts to start it. Again Vauxhall said there's nothing wrong.

It's going back in again overnight for them to do a cold start, so let's see what fob off story they come up with next.

One thing's for sure, I ain't stopping till its sorted. I've paid 5k for this car and honestly wished I'd kept my old 99 T reg 1.7tdi estate; at least I never had a grumble from it.

The turbo is very noisy on the Corsa too.

Cheers.

11th Jan 2009, 15:05

Just bought a Corsa 1.3 diesel 56 Dec first registered 17k genuine mileage, immaculate. Poor starting from cold horrible turbo whine in all gears. Wish I had kept my old 1.7 Astra. Junk is the word.

2003 Opel Corsa 1.2 petrol from Belgium

Summary:

High performance economical car, but so terribly noisy inside the cabin

No remarks.

General Comments:

Uncomfortable seats for long trips.

A high quality build car with a super economic engine, but SO terribly noisy engine + 3500 rpm. On top of that wind, road noise exceeding speed +100 km/h makes the trip uncomfortable. Are all cars of this size so noisy on the highway? Why do engineers do not pay more attention on this point!

Review Date: 30th December, 2003