2008 Perodua Myvi Reviews

2008 Perodua Myvi EZi 1.3L from Malaysia

Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 1.3L Automatic
Previous carProton Tiara

Summary:

Not safe

MyVi no safety.

INCIDENT:

During traveling back to my home town, unluckily I hit a cow that was crossing the road. I remember that the car was only doing 85km/h. I was in the hospital for a month.

My brother showed me the photo he took; when I saw the photo, this is unbelievable, my car's front part cannot recognized at all.

My brother told me, the cow that I hit is not dead yet, only broke two legs, the same as me.

General Comments:

From that incident, I won't believe MyVi offers good safety to protect humans when an accident.

Review Date: 14th January, 2009

2nd Jul 2010, 12:18

This is funny! 85km/h is not a slow speed... you will be hospitalized if you hit a cow at 70km/h, even in some Toyotas or Hondas!

30th Aug 2010, 17:40

The Perodua Myvi is a terrible car to drive, in terms of safety, you'd hear the car "swinging" from left to right at a traffic light even if a motorcycle passes by you, it's that unstable. The only reason it sells well in Malaysia is that for the price, the citizens have not much choice. Most Peroduas/Protons are very, very weak in safety standards, and the government is not doing anything to improve this.

The Malaysians also look for a car with a "package" with amenities and good looks and the Myvi has all these, but lacks extremely within the safety realm, the people that make policies just don't care.

I have a Myvi 2007 SE, which I am looking to get rid of, it's just not worth it.

If you want a safe car for that price, get a Hyundai Getz, but the after sales and fuel consumption is terrible.

31st Aug 2010, 10:43

Not true. It has the same safety rating as the Getz.

Granted it is light and slab sided, but so are many new superminis; you just don't like yours!

We crashed our 2010 Myvi, writing off the other car, but the Myvi just needed a bumper and bonnet; nothing else was damaged.

18th Apr 2011, 05:07

I just bought myself a Myvi 2009 EZI. On the cow crashing, was that at night or day time??? At 87kmh???

21st Aug 2013, 04:43

Just an eye opener maybe: YOU HIT A COW AT 80KM/Hr... What the hell do you expect to happen to you or to the car?

If I were to try the same in my Lexus with 16 airbags, I am sure I would be hospitalized too.

2008 Perodua Myvi 1.3 from Malaysia

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Previous carProton Iswara

About the quality of my wife's Myvi, it's good, but for me the Myvi doesn't have the pick-up and top speed that I have before, using an Iswara 1.3.

Myvi at 110kmh my engine is quite heavy and vibrates. Top speed is only at 130kmh.. Pity. Quite difficult to chase a bus.

About fuel consumption.. is about the same with Iswara 1.3, but if I figure it back Myvi installment is about RM550 per month, my Iswara is RM300 per month.. they are different about RM250.00. I can use that RM250.00 for petrol.

Review Date: 26th August, 2008

30th Dec 2009, 13:00

Yes, agreed- 175km/h is easy in Myvi.

Remove the floor mat under the accelerator pedal!!