Peugeot 107 Reviews - Page 3 of 3

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 1.0 12v Manual
Previous carVolkswagen Golf

Summary:

Stylish, reliable, economical and safe; a fantastic car

A slight rattle from the boot lid after about 100 miles, fixed under warranty.

Apart from that, it has been a faultless vehicle, absolutely superb.

General Comments:

I have been a fan of this car since it came out in 2005, and when the time came for me to buy a new car, economy was at the top of my list.

I went to road test the 107 and didn't bother driving anything else. I ordered one and I picked it up on a new 06 plate on 01/03/2006.

I have done 15000 trouble free miles in it, with fairly regular commutes to Wales (700 mile round trip) in comfort, and I feel relaxed when I arrive.

Its little 1.0 litre engine is revvy and frugal, it doesn't do less than 50mpg and even 70mpg on a long run, and with road tax at £35 a year you can't go wrong.

It has standard electric windows, power steering, iPod socket in the CD player, ABS, 4 airbags and a 4 star NCAP rating.

I would recommend this car to anyone, and it's truly the best car I have ever owned.

Review Date: 15th February, 2008

2007 Peugeot 107 Urban 1.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 1.0 petrol Manual
Previous carMG ZR

Summary:

Take that Gordon Brown!

Nothing, but car is only a few months old.

General Comments:

This is an excellent car.

I traded in a faster car for a new 107 because I was tired of paying so much on fuel. I had heard that the 107 / C1 / Aygo was really economical and fun so I decided to give it a try. Strangely enough a local Citroen dealer quoted over a thousand pounds more for a base model Citroen C1 than the higher spec Peugeot 107 so the choice was easy.

One aspect I can't quite fathom is the size of it. From the outside it looks really tiny although it is quite tall. However, inside it has tardis like levels of room and head/leg room is extremely generous, and I'm 6 foot tall!

I use the car to commute quite a long distance daily and it does the job with ease. Its actually a really good motorway car even though it was designed for the city.

The engine is a little marvel. It revs smoothly and keenly in every gear and because of it's Toyota origins should hopefully give no troubles. 1.0 litre is small for an engine, but you must consider the car has very little weight to carry (780 KG!)

I've left the best until last. Insurance bill has halved, tax is 35 quid a year, and believe it or not I have been getting nearly 75 mpg at 65-70 mph over long distances.

CD, electric windows, traction control, four airbags, ABS, EBD and stupidly good economy come as standard all for six grand new. Bargain.

Review Date: 8th November, 2007

5th Feb 2009, 17:35

These cars are great. 12 years ago for 6k you'd have to get a Fiat Cinquecento. Thankfully modern cars are so much better; safer, more reliable, and better to drive.

2006 Peugeot 107 Urban 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Year of manufacture2006
Previous carVauxhall Corsa

Summary:

Great looking, nippy car, that has a large smile on its front and a large smile from any owner!

Nothing has gone wrong with this car at all!!!

General Comments:

I have read bad reviews elsewhere on other websites, and I don't know why it is slated!

It is very nippy, and is as quick off the mark as my partner's 206 1.4 litre. It maintains high speeds without engine noise.

Excellent inside and very fun, looks a little sporty. I really can't fault it at all.

Not many of them on the roads at the minute, which is good because people look as you drive by. Also folk think it's a higher engine and a more expensive car than what it is!!

Review Date: 24th May, 2006