2005 Peugeot 206 XSi 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

It was a nightmare

Within the space of 4 months the car needed 2 new batteries. The steering had to be realigned and the driver's seat could not be pushed backwards and had to be fixed. The transmission developed a problem too and would lock when the car was taken from N to P. The car creaked when the car was in reverse and the cheap plastic electric window control cracked and has to be replaced.

General Comments:

The car looked nice from the outside and was comfortable, but was so unreliable and the dealership did not want to know.

Review Date: 23rd April, 2007

3rd Nov 2008, 07:38

The car has Porsche's gearbox :)

2005 Peugeot 206 CC from United Arab Emirates

General Comments:

We build on trust?

This is a story of the outstanding level of service in some areas in Dubai.

A year ago I decided, to buy a car. As I have no clue of car repair, I opted for a brand new one, trusting in the reputation of an international car maker.

For the first 6 months I was happily driving around Dubai, enjoying my little car. But then the problems started: windows rattle when driving on uneven roads; starting the engine makes the car shaking and clatter; all sorts of warning lights flash up, disappear, flash up again; the engine goes flat in the middle of SZR, no acceleration at all, battery completely discharged without any reason...

The list is long, the time I have spent in the workshop would sum up to a nice vacation that I now can’t take anymore. The people in the workshop were rather clueless, sending all the information to the company’s head office in France, exchanging randomly spare parts and repeatedly promising “now you won’t have any problems any more, trust me”. Well, that was true, at least for a week or two, till the problem reappeared, or something new came up.

After being twice in extremely dangerous traffic situations, caused by just another technical defect, I finally had enough – and no trust anymore. Neither in the car nor in the workshop. I tried to talk to the manager of this reputable company, but the gentleman was of course much too busy to talk to a very unhappy customer. So I met with a very friendly and understanding lady from customer service, who was great in promising, rather a failure in delivering. She admitted that I had been suffering from too many problems with the car, promised to send me a binding offer to exchange the car for e new one or to buy back the car (which was my request, as I have no trust in the brand anymore), the offer to be in my inbox within one day. That is now almost a week ago, they are trying to buy time, haggling and discussing. And all the time conveniently ignoring the fact that their bad service puts my life on risk!

I have been driving for more than 25 years, new cars and old cars, cheap cars and big, expensive cars – I never have experiences such a bad service! I’ve had enough now, I will put up the car for sale and buy another make and model.

Anybody out there with similar problems, I would be happy to hear from you, maybe they will be listening when we start some kind of “class action”! Contact me on email: no_trust_206cc@yahoo.com

A very unhappy Peugeot driver.

Review Date: 27th February, 2007

2005 Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 from Egypt

Summary:

Don't even think of buying it

It was running just fine until it reached 22,000 kilometers.

Windows malfunctioned. By default, the retractable roof malfunctioned because you can not move the roof up or down unless both windows are completely down.

Service station employees are untrained & they lack professionalism when dealing with clients.

Been more the 1 month now and the problem are not yet fixed because they have ordered some kind of sensors from France and it did not arrive yet. I Will sell it as soon as the sensors arrive and get fixed in the car.

Egyptian dealer claims that such malfunctions are not covered by the warranty.

Review Date: 19th July, 2006

20th Jul 2006, 03:32

Your dealer is a crook. This is certainly covered by the guarantee. To wait one month and not get the so called sensors from France is also a hoax. Change the dealer...

27th Mar 2007, 05:15

Changing the dealer is not an option in Egypt. All brands have an exclusive dealer in the country :( Peugeot is not an exception.

27th Mar 2007, 13:29

Peugeot electrics are generally quite unreliable. Add an electric roof to it and there's gonna be problems.