1995 Peugeot 605 2.0 turbo from Switzerland
Nice and comfortable car
Ventilation broke down once - very bad when its raining.
I just replaced the alternator for the second time, but the last one wasn't an original peugeot part.
The windscreen wipers don't go to their normal "off position" some times. They get stuck about 10cm above. that's not that bad, but it really annoys me. Which causes me some times to not use them even if its raining just that they're right right in place. But that's more like a driver problem :-)
Well, I drive a car since 3 years now. it cost me about 3500 US$ plus ca. 1500 US$ in repair which includes a new exhaust pipe (+ minor service costs). For that money I got:
- A very comfortable car with a great look (imho)
- More than enough space for the passengers. I put my seat as far back as it goes and there can still sit a person behind me.
- A car that's really nice to drive.
Whats not so good:
- You can't turn down the back seats to increase the trunk. --> don't go to ikea with that car ;-)
- The engine is not that powerful. But still fine enough to compete with other manufacturer's cars of that class with 2 liter engines
- The wiper thing
- The automatic transmission tends to shift to often. It shifts to the 3rd gear at 55km/h on a straigt road. So I always have to go over the allowed 50km/h in town. Not that bad since it won't shift down if I go slower again.
Sure the better decision then buy a brand new polo for much more money with the same or less features.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 30th June, 2005