27th Jul 2012, 23:42

Still the Nigerian. Someone help me. My 607 still displays key fault and will not start; only starts when the key sound is achieved. It starts at its will. Please help me. Also let owners of the 607 (or the Peugeot) have social media like FACEBOOK, TWEET etc to discuss and solve our problems with the car, thanks.

JUDGE RABO.

18th Oct 2012, 16:32

The battery is located in the boot on the driver's side behind the wheel arch.

31st Oct 2012, 16:20

Hi. I have had the same problem. You will find the battery on the right hand side, under the storage space. Happy hunting.

1st Jan 2013, 04:04

Check the auxiliary battery. It might be discharged or not charged by the alternator. Check the 60 amp fuse connecting the two batteries to alternator. The fuse is usually directly behind the main battery. It is usually the cause.

15th Feb 2013, 03:57

I have the same issues with my 607; it's an 03. When you see the sign on burnt out bulbs, check your brake light and parking lights to see which is defective. As for the remote key, I just access mine manually.

15th Feb 2013, 11:20

Hi guys, my 607 V6 petrol engine leaks oil all over, into the coil chambers and on my exhaust, which actually scares me, and it has a tapping sound. I thought to buy another engine for it; what do you think?

I recently just changed my gearbox from auto to manual, and ever since then it's as if it was reborn with adventure.

5th Mar 2013, 11:01

Particulate filter problems can be fixed by having it drilled out and re-programming the ECU; better mileage and power will result.

To clear fault codes/errors, you can buy a "pod" on e-bay for around £25, which plugs in under the front centre armrest, reads the ECU, and allows you to RE-SET it.

9th Apr 2013, 00:03

Hi,

One of the easiest ways to fix this problem is to disconnect the battery, reconnect, and that will solve the problem temporarily.

The issue is oil in the electrical harness; same problem with all Range Rovers.

JD

17th Aug 2013, 09:55

ESP/ASR failure occurs if you have weak braking pads in the inner sides of the wheel.