1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager Reviews - Page 2 of 2

1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE 3.0 V6 from North America

Year of manufacture1989
Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Automatic

Summary:

Cheap, reliable family transportation

I do not own this vehicle; it is my parents' but I have no choice, but to drive it. Right now it has a very bad power steering leak, but that's getting fixed. Around last Christmas we replaced the right-side driveshaft as it had broken at the CV joint. Last year we had about $1900 in repairs for a tune-up and some other stuff the shop found to fix. The transmission went out about 5 1/2 years ago, but has worked fine since. We have owned it since 1993.

The paint had just started peeling then, so you can only imagine it now. The speakers in the hatch sound like they're underwater.

General Comments:

Every time I stomp on the gas, my brother puts his dirty shoes up on the dash and I have to clean it. It's not the fastest out there and it really leans into the corners at anything over 10 mph. Braking is good. I have topped it out at 92 mph. on the highway. I am 6'4" and can comfortably sit up in it.

Review Date: 1st March, 2004

10th Jun 2005, 01:01

Update: 166840 miles and the darned thing is still going. Climate controls have quit working completely, as has the cruise control and the power door locks. I still drive it daily. It is the perfect all-around vehicle for hauling people or furniture or appliances or whatever. Power window motors tend to go out every few years or so, and the window tape breaks easily (and costs $20 for each one!). Rear power vent windows don't work either. Inside sliding door handle is broken, as is the outside driver's door lock. It makes some very strange noises in the turns, though. Gas mileage is not very good (15 in town, about 20-22 highway). All in all, a very solidly built and reliable vehicle. Way to go Chrysler Corp.!