Solid, basic transportation
- Had to replace several times the valve cover gasket as it was leaking oil (once every two years, approx.)
- In my fifth year of possession, started to idle erratically and died once in while, it was a vacuum line
- Back door lifters had to be replaced twice in my six years of ownership.
- Need to replace TPS about every two years.
- Paint started peeling and fading off; we live a 100 F Summer sunshine city and the weather is hard on car's paint.
- I think in general this was regular wear.
I purchased this car used, and had it for 6 years, first thing I did was (as preventive maintenance) replace all fluids, a brake job, front shocks replaced (worn out) and a tune-up. After that, no major issues, just routine maintenance.
I drove it twice a year to my hometown, 700 miles away and never left me stranded.
Eventually it was not looking shine, started to have several minor issues at one time (see above) and my wife said it was time for a newer car, so I parted with it, but in general I would say it was a basic, reliant transportation.
Note: When I was in high school and they first came out, I wished I could eventually have one and my dream came true! Now I dream of being a millionaire (without anybody knowing...)
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 17th January, 2010