2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 3.8L 3.8 Series II V6 (L36) from North America

Summary:

Touring, done Pontiac Style!

I do think the backseat room is a little tight.

Only one problem a blown fuse!

General Comments:

Having owned all GM cars in the past various Pontiacs, Olds, Cadillacs and Chevys. I have owned a Deville, an old Bonneville, and an Delta 88. The Bonneville beats all of these. It out performs everyone even my 93 Deville with a 4.9L V8. Part of that is due to the axle ratio and the 5 extra ponies and less weight. Strangly the Cadillac out muscled it by 45lbft. of torque the Bonneville SLE still feels a smidge quicker. But the Cadillac was more fun to pass in I must admit. **The sound**. Although if in a race it would be neck and neck. But the Bonneville really pulled after 85mph hard. The Cadillac pulled hard to 90mph or so and cut out some. The motors rpm range and gearing was rather low.

Handling the Bonneville had hardly any flex the stiff H-Body same as the 98-04 Seville was a true pleasure to dart in and out of coners. It is obvious the frame is designed for touring. It is so much stiffer than my two W-Body vehicles I currently own a Grand Prix and Impala.

The Bonneville had the styling I wanted sporty and clear that it is a sporty looking car. For 2005 the SLE got GXP styling and really looks bad. Especially with black and chrome wheels like mine.

I didn't order the GXP because of the 6,000 dollar price jump and also the fuel economy. I didn't feel like feeding another V8! After one test drive I realized the V6 SLE performed as good as my Caddy so I could live withe the SLE. But no way would an SE do with its styling I didn't like or its lack of features like no 17inch wheels, DIC and dual exhaust all features I wanted. If I was going to spend 30 grand I might as well spend 33 grand and get what I want.

The interior trim is pretty good even put up agianst the some others in the class. The automatic climate control and rear air vents were a hit with my family.

I am so glad I purchased this car, and I know with a 3800 I will have many worry free miles with it.

If you aren't swayed by the latest trends and you like cars made right here in the USA the Bonneville is a great car with cool gadgets!

Review Date: 13th March, 2006

2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 3.8L 3.8 Series II V6 (L36) from North America

Summary:

Sporty and Roomy! A great performance sedan!

I have had great luck with the car a fuse replaced is it.

General Comments:

I always love Pontiac's, but with a growing family of 4 and a wife who likes sporty things, I found myself looking to replace are 12 year old car with 95,000 miles on it. I started looking we already own a 2001 Impala Sedan that we like a lot, but that took the Impala out of the picture, I was think Avalon or Lesabre, but the Avalon was nixed it was forigen and didn't do anything for me. The Lesabre after one ride in a Custom with steel wheels and column shifter and soft ride my wife and I nixed that as well...

What did that leave well a Ford Crown Vic was to big and ugly, a Tarus no way, oh there is that Camry to ugly, then I looked at a Bonneville figuring they were well out of my price range well there weren't. My father having owned 6 Bonneville's and myself on prior to this it seemed like a natural fit for me.

The dealer tried to shove me into an 05 SE model didn't care of the look of it or the shifter on the column look either. He said he would see what he could do, I made it clear I did not want a moonroof which took lots of new and slightly pre-owned Bonnevile SLE's and GXP's of my list.

Finally we found an 05 GXP and SLE to my liking, but the GXP had the paint I wanted, but still got bad gas mileage so I nixed that as well, which left me with an SLE found it in the color I wanted I got it on the spot. Drove it once compared it to an Avalon my life liked the sporty chrome wheels and floor shifter, I just liked the power.

We have had 8500 miles with this year and a huge trip out west with the family we all enjoy the Bonneville and its wonderful way to give you luxury and style. But sadly enough its the last year glad I got mine!

This is a great touring car with plenty of power. The classic coke bottle and American styling do get noticed it is a head turner not to common on a sedan anymore. I would recommend this car to anyone who says the thought of a luxury car makes me think Buick, but they still want features with a sporty attitude the Bonneville SLE has just that! **Plus it looks just like a GXP that makes it even better!**

Review Date: 23rd February, 2006