1972 Pontiac LeMans Reviews

1972 Pontiac LeMans 1972 Luxury 4 Door from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know

Summary:

A old car waiting to be restored

The back seat, on the left side, ripped and was worn down.

The key hole for the trunk was ripped out and now has to be opened with a screw driver.

The windshield is cracked and will be replaced soon.

General Comments:

New leather seat covers were put on awhile ago and are still brand new and in perfect condition.

All the numbers match.

I was wondering how many of these 4 door luxuries were made and other info about them. Such as how much, an offer or what they're worth, where would I get replacement parts, and how much and where I would get accessories for the car. Thank you for any information that anybody has, much is appreciated.

Review Date: 21st July, 2004

22nd Jul 2004, 09:51

Interesting that you claim "all the numbers match" yet you don't know which engine or transmission is in it.

Which "numbers" are you referring to?

23rd Nov 2004, 17:56

The numbers on the front license plate match the numbers on the back license plate!

15th Mar 2005, 12:19

I have a 72 luxury lemans 4dr blue... it was my grandpas and I have been slowly fixing it up... take good care of it... i have only heard of three so far that I know of...

Billy.

1972 Pontiac LeMans GT 455 HO from North America

Engine and transmission 455 HO Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Camaro

Summary:

The neatest car I ever owned

I just finished a full frame off restoration. The car looks great.

General Comments:

The engine's sound is awesome, it is a real head turner.

Review Date: 17th February, 2004

1972 Pontiac LeMans GT 350 from North America

Engine and transmission 350

Since buying the car new in 1972 I have done all of the usual maintence, brakes, exhaust system, tires, alternator, etc., but had only two major repair jobs. That was a complete transmission rebiuld in about 1984, and a suspension overhaul in about 1992 resulting in the restoration to original ride height.

General Comments:

This car was purchased by my father and given to me as a high cchool graduation gift. Sticker price was $4,420.00. After getting married we drove this car as our family car until 1986 when I bought a second car. My son and one of my daughters drove it as a school car until 2-10-99 when I finally traded it for a 92 T-Bird for her to drive. It had over 150000 hard miles and never had a wrench on the engine and still didn't need any work. The body was badly rusted or I probably would have kept it longer. Excellent car for the money. I'm still mourning its passing.

Review Date: 28th February, 1999

12th Feb 2001, 17:10

Would be interested in hearing more about your '72 LeMans Sport GT. I too am an owner of the same rare Pontiac. Have had little luck in finding information about this car.

DVE68@aol.com

14th Mar 2001, 21:15

I would like to hear more about this car, I too am an owner of this rare automobile. It is a very nice car and I would not give it up for anything.