2007 Pontiac Vibe Reviews

2007 Pontiac Vibe 1.8 from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous carChevrolet Venture

Summary:

Makes a good second vehicle

Nothing major.

General Comments:

The negative: This car is very uncomfortable on trips over 1 hour. In fact I could not sit for extended periods in the passenger seat. I am an average height (6') and average build (180lbs).

The Positive: Good on gas, lots of storage, very dependable.

Makes a good second car.

Review Date: 17th December, 2009

2007 Pontiac Vibe fwd 1.8L from North America

Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 1.8L Manual
Previous carChevrolet Venture

Summary:

Buy the full load awd!!!

So far so good, no complaints.

We had a really cold snap -45c and vehicle still started with little hesitation. Interior feels a little cheap, but that's plastic for you. You get what you pay for!!!

General Comments:

Basically it's a Matrix without the ridiculous price.

Keep in mind the vehicle is not a V8 hot rod by any means, but is still pretty quick when we have all of our family in it. Good cargo room for a compact vehicle.

Looking back I think I would have bought the AWD just cause you get major wandering when its icy. Still can't beat it for utility.

The car we have is 5Spd as the auto felt really mushy (for lack of better description) to me personally.

Review Date: 2nd February, 2008

23rd Jul 2008, 17:46

I was very enamored with the Vibe before I finally opted for a Mustang. I drove several Vibes, and was given a bright red Vibe GT 6-speed manual to drive to my office one day by a local dealer.

The GT was no longer built and they were desperate to get rid of it. I could see why. It had no power at all, and shifting through SIX gears is even worse than shifting through 5 (the GT didn't offer an automatic). I had been told the GT was a "hot" vehicle, but I honestly found the regular Vibe to be much better to drive and just as fast. To get ANYTHING out of the GT, you had to rev the guts out of the little engine, and it sounded terribly strained at 8000rpm.

I do love the fact that the Vibe gets great mileage, but I was afraid of poor reliability, as it is made by Toyota, and opted for an American built car.

12th Aug 2009, 14:27

You're afraid of Toyota reliability and would prefer a domestic? Now I've heard everything.

13th Aug 2009, 13:08

The Pontiac Vibe is an exact copy of the Toyota Matrix!!

13th Aug 2009, 13:11

Why in the world would you be afraid of poor reliability from Toyota? Try reading all of the reviews of Toyota Corolla's and Camry's on here. Then read reviews of Ford Focus's and Fusions and you'll see why Toyota is the better vehicle.

7th Jan 2011, 16:27

"and shifting through SIX gears is even worse than shifting through 5"

How is shifting through 6 gears really that much more difficult? If you actually know how to properly drive stick (not that hard), you don't even think about it. There's a reason why most 6-speeds are available as upgrades over 5-speeds, and not the other way around.

22nd Nov 2011, 11:43

You are correct in every aspect except radio and price tag. Toyota is 1500.00 more.