1981 Porsche 911 SC Targa 3.0 from North America
One sentence is not enough for an opinion. But in a word: Awesome!!!
When I bought it, these were the things that were wrong with it:
- Leaky front window.
- Aux. heater blower clunking around (not blowing).
- Small crack in the distributor cap.
- Ignition coil has a small leak.
- Rust spot on the driver's door towards the back by the glass (fixed).
- Air con heating up the wires.
- Idle when cold.
- Shifter wobbly in 1st and 2nd.
Things that broke:
- New coil.
- #1 cylinder injector.
The ignition coil is the worst part of the whole experience. The previous owner replaced it as part of the sale. I went through two OEM silver Bosch coils from Porsche; one lasted 700km and the other 10km. Sealed the old one and that's what I'm using. Porsche still owes me money or a coil.
- Distributor cap + rotor.
- Spark plugs.
- Spark plug wires.
- All injectors.
To do for the 2016 driving season:
- Seal the leaky window.
- Get air con wiring figured out.
- Fix the warm up.
- Rebuild the aux heater fan (in progress).
- Valve adjustment.
- Buff the paint back to a showroom shine and repaint the rims.
I take it fishing with my girl on a regular basis.
I smile every time I drive it.
I really don't know how I lived without this car for so long.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 15th December, 2015