2005 Renault Laguna Expression 2.0 dCi 130 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Barge like... yes, French... yes!!

"Check injection" light periodically came on along with "check emissions".

One keycard wouldn't start the car.

Rear brake disc seized on after cable needed degreasing and freeing.

Auto lights stayed on permanently.

Auto wipers inoperative.

General Comments:

Piece of French crap? Maybe!! But a good ole workhorse!!

I only bought this as a car as a third car to stuff the dog in the back so our other two didn't get messed up. Bought it for £900 on an 06 55 reg from a trader with a year's MOT on it and a recent service, and managed to sell it for £995 a few months later!! It did about 42 MPG running around locally, and to be fair, apart from the annoying check injection light always coming on, it was pretty much fine.

From reading online, the check injection light was probably just injectors that needed cleaning, and is typical for a Renault of this era.

I found it a very comfortable French barge; it had reasonable in gear pull due to lots of low down torque, and good refinement levels. It handled pretty crap, as in plenty of body roll and breakaway levels in terms of understeer not very high, along with fairly poor damper control, but I didn't buy it for that anyway, that's why I have my other car! Oh, and it was shockingly bad for grip levels in the wet, but that was probably more down to the absolute pants Autogrip tyres fitted to it, which had tons of tread left so I never bothered changing them for something decent like Michelin Efficientgrips.

So if you want a big, cheap to buy, comfy barge with reasonable economy, reasonable performance, and pretty crap handling that has zero street cred and possibly questionable electrics, get one of these!! I should mention that applies to many old rep mobiles you'll be looking to, but for 900 quid!! :D

Review Date: 19th May, 2015

2005 Renault Laguna 2.0 turbo from Greece

Summary:

Beautiful, fast, sporty ,family, luxurious car

- Gas pedal.

- Turbo needs changing at 1500 euros cost.

- The doors don't lock.

General Comments:

It's a very beautiful, sporty, family trip car. With the 17 inch rims it's more beautiful.

The leather gives a luxury sense.

The engine is powerful with a top speed of 260 km/h.

It's not very economical on fuel... 10 euros runs out after 70 kilometers, and fuel costs 1,65.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2014

31st Aug 2014, 21:54

I agree with you my man. I have the same car... it's fantastic, but on mine the turbo runs OK with 230,000 miles!

2005 Renault Laguna Dynamique 1.9 dci from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Disapointing

CD Player Doesn't always work. (6 CD Changer). Randomly ejects all of the disks even when I haven't pressed anything. (Electrical Fault)

Passenger Door Vibrates when listening or not listening to music. VERY ANNOYING.

Front brake pads had to be replaced as they had worn away at only 11.000 miles.

Message kept displaying 'check immobiliser'. This didn't able me to start the car. When I finally did start the car the indicator lights flashed erratically. (Electrical Fault)

The Climate control doesn't always work. I can set the blowers to maximum, but nothing happens. (Electrical Fault)

Headlights failed, Yes you guessed it an electrical Fault.

General Comments:

Luckily enough for me this car is a company leased vehicle and not my own. I wouldn't recommend buying one simply for all of the problems that I have encountered.

Overall a good looking car, lots of nice gadgets to show off including key less entry, Sat Nav, Cruise control Etc. This is when they work of course!

Review Date: 13th March, 2007

2005 Renault Laguna Dynamique 1.9tdi from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Lovely car and very well finished

The hatch boot lid (door) releases itself when changing from reverse gear back into neutral.

Going forward is fine.

General Comments:

Very nice comfortable car, excellent on diesel however very poor second hand residual value on trade in. Most garages did'nt want to hear about a renault trade-in against a different car brand (even the local Hyundai dealer!!)

Review Date: 11th January, 2007

3rd Mar 2009, 08:15

I have a Renault Laguna Dynamic for the last 2 1/2 years. It doesn't surprise me that no one wants trade this car to be honest...

Apart from the great looks, the excellent comforts, and the very very good interior, almost everything else in this cars fails to pass any test, and this is the reason of other companies not wanting to trade it.

Since the day that I bought it, it needs a ride to the garage every 3-4 months tops, each of these rides costing a small fortune as everyone know Renault garage prices and parts prices are very high...

Being mechanically and electronically unreliable is what causes this difficulty in selling it.

I would rate this car 5/5 for comfort, stability on the road, and design, but only 1 (2 tops) /5 for its mechanics and electronics.

2005 Renault Laguna Privilege 2.2 dci from Romania

Summary:

Nice, comfortable family car

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

The car has a very good comfort. The different electrical commands are ergonomically placed. The automatic rain sensor and the automatic headlights are comfortable to use. The fuel consumption is a bit higher than I expected - it is around 9 liters / 100 km with combined usage. The audio system deserves the best rating, it is really nice even if volume is turned high.

Review Date: 17th October, 2005