2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique from UK and Ireland - Comments

13th Sep 2009, 20:05

The Mondeo is a fantastic looking car. The Laguna looks OK, but Mondeo looks expensive, and also every Mondeo mk1 mk2 mk3 mk4 have all been good cars. The Lagunas haven't. I am not a big Renault fan, but I think they have to sort their cars out otherwise they will be stuffed.

14th Dec 2009, 04:38

Agree with comment above. When a car gets to the stage no dealer will accept it in a PX.

Well I rest my case, I won't be taking the massive wallop of a car going from 16500 to 3800 in 11 months ever again. But what do you do when the french gremlins start showing in the electrics and the car's not reliable... and they can't fix any of them.

Well a man can only put up with so much from a car maker who couldn't care less once you've paid up for it.

Do the research!

Renault customer care's favourite line, and I quote " Oh! we haven't come across that problem before" No? Only about a 1000 times in the last month.

They must think all people are naive, read the true owner's reviews, they tell the real tale of woe.

29th Apr 2010, 13:30

I have an 08 GT DCI 180, and am very pleased with its performance and up till now. I think it is a great car

Rich from Devon.

29th Aug 2010, 04:02

Well I have just ordered a Laguna Dynamique TomTom 150bhp diesel.

I have compared and test driven just about everything else, and came to the conclusion that this was the car for me.

At this moment in time, the Mondeo is due to be facelifted, the Insignia's, although a good looking car, don't come anywhere near the equipment level, price for price, of the Laguna.

Although mpg and overall running cost obviously have to play a part, I also want to enjoy my driving.

Hope I have made the right choice! LOL.

19th Nov 2010, 13:24

Hi there.

I purchased from new a 2010 150bhp diesel Laguna. It has the most awful gear change I ever come across in nearly thirty years of driving. It was OK for a couple of thousand miles, then it started to crunch when going in second and third gear. Dealer has replaced all of the gear linkage; was very good for about 3 weeks, but now starting to make the noise again.

Also have had right hand door speaker go faulty. Bluetooth system callers cannot hear me on a phone approved by Renault (this fault cannot be resolved). Rear drivers window went faulty; repaired by dealer. The car also has an engine fault that comes and goes.

I will not be buying Renault again. It is a great shame, because I think it had the makings of a good car.

Add another comment