22nd Aug 2010, 09:32

I have a 1987 Silver Spur that starts up great when cold, but takes a while to start up when warm. It also gets a gas smell when doing this.

24th Sep 2010, 01:39

Hello. I'm considering the purchase of a 1981 Spur with 32K miles. I'm drawn to this year because I greatly fear auto electronics, and I assume this car has fewer of them than the later years. Should I not buy this car?

7th Nov 2010, 10:20

I am about to purchase a second hand Rolls (a Spirit) with 140,000 miles on the clock, but with service history. Any comments? It's a 1996 model.

Also, can anyone tell me difference between the Spur and the Spirit?

8th Dec 2010, 01:29

The difference between the Spirit and the Spur is the wheel base. The trick with these Rollers is to drive them nicely and regularly, and to keep up to date with your maintenance program!!

20th Dec 2010, 17:40

Am interested in the 90-92, and very interested therefore in any comments regarding things I should be looking for.

29th Nov 2011, 13:30

I just noticed your question asking what the difference is between the RR Silver Spur and Spirit. What comes to mind first is that the Spur is 4 inches longer than the Spirit. Thus making it a long wheel base car.

I own a 1989 Silver Spur, and find that the 4 inches makes a big difference in the leg room of the back seat. It's great for picking up friends at the airport.

7th Jun 2015, 14:51

OK, your best parts supplier is in England, Flying Spares. Their prices are fair, although the shipping on large items can be steep. But you're dealing with experts and you're assured of getting the correct part and tech advice.

Bill Bohaboy.

12th Jun 2015, 02:06

I myself just picked up an 89 Silver Spur long wheel base with 21k miles. This is cherry, however, I'm not sure why the A/C seems like it has a block, possibly an electric valve. Any diagrams out there?

22nd Aug 2015, 06:43

Front pads for RR Spur Bendix DB625, I can only assume fit the Spirit as well, as that's what I have.

3rd Oct 2016, 06:54

A 1990-1992 model Spirit/Spur II will generally be a good car; however, the weak point on these models is the active suspension, as shocks are very expensive to replace (double what they would cost on a 1989 and earlier model). Also, when the shocks fail on a Spirit/Spur II, they'll default into "hard" mode, which will noticably affect your ride.

12th Oct 2016, 00:27

Hello all,

I own a 1988 Silver Spur since 2010. I think I'm one of the few that owns one here in Manila, Philippines. I seldom use it, but enjoy every minute of driving the RR. I imported the Spur from Japan. The only trouble I have been encountering is the aircon blower; sometimes there's 1-5 minutes delay when turning the A/C on (is there anyone who can help me on this?).

Other than that, the car is in very good condition. I still think that it's a car ahead of its time. It's worth having one.