2001 SAAB 9-3 Reviews - Page 7 of 7

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 2.0L. turbo Automatic
Previous carSAAB 900

Summary:

Most bang for the buck, bar none!!

None.

General Comments:

When you consider other makes and models in the same class as the 9-3 SE, in my opinion, this car ultimately comes out on top. While the BMW 3 series is a great machine, it is pricey and can lack power.

If I could sit down with SAAB designers I would suggest these changes: Rear wheel/all wheel drive would eliminate torque steer. A more aggressive stance would be great (lower the car and offer 18" wheels and tires!).

Review Date: 29th October, 2002

25th Jun 2004, 08:25

All this can be cured, try the 2.2tid diesel, fast,fun, safe, I get 48/49 mpg and 140mph enough said, mick uk.

29th Mar 2005, 17:32

Basically I fail to see how a big heavy 2.2 litre diesel sitting over the front wheels will turn the car into something resembling an awd or back wheel drive. try using your steering wheel the next time you see 140mph.

19th May 2007, 10:28

Agreed, the 2 litre turbo is what you want. And yes, rwd would really make SAAB a BMW-killer, if they firm up the suspension.

2001 SAAB 9-3 SE Anniversary 2.0 gasoline from Portugal

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 2.0 gasoline Automatic
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

A truly good investment and pleasure to drive

Absolutely nothing for the moment.

General Comments:

This car is really very well built.

Together with performance and comfort it gives a true feeling of driving a very secure and dynamic car.

It is a pity that this design will go, as the new 93 is a copy of the 95 in the front and a mix of other brands in the back.

The difference of having a Saab and any other car, is that one really is sure to have something that stands out of the common trend of cars in this category.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2002

6th Nov 2002, 06:59

I totally agree. I have a 2000 9-3 turbo and what a great car it is. I love the way and looks and drives. I went and test drove the new 9-3 and its just not as nice to drive. I also went to the auto show in Boston this past weekend and all they had here was the new Linear model, leaving out the vector and the arc. Maybe those will be nicer?

26th Mar 2004, 09:06

I own a 99' 9-3 with about 70k miles and enjoy driving it under any condition. I test drove the newest 9-3 a couple weeks ago and last years convertible 9-3.

I had the chance to drive both cars for a couple days and they both pail in comparison to the performance of my older 9-3?

I am also sad to see the design continue to change and look like every other car on the road...