27th Feb 2006, 13:31
What things have gone wrong with the car?
Purchased 12/23/05. 13750 miles.
1. Bushings replaced
2. Transmission seal malfuntcion, replaced
3. Sway bars replaced
4. Control bars/sway bars/bushings replaced (again)
5. On-Star went out
6. Condensation in the left front headlight assembly.
I think there's one or two other things, but I can't remember right now. I have no complaint with the dealer... they have worked to fix every problem, and have given me loaner cars for my trouble. I have complained to Saturn Customer Care. First complaint I got a coffee cake. Second complaint I got an extended 2yr warranty and a 6 CD changer stereo. Third complaint is in progress right now. I have told Saturn that I want a replacement car because things keep going wrong with this one, but have gotten no response to that. We'll see how this goes. I was giving them a chance, but now I know I won't buy another ION unless they do an awful lot of upgrading. It's certainly not worth the trouble to have it in for service and for other repairs. I think the dealership has driven mine more than I have!! At this point, I would not recommend to anyone to purchase an ION. My family has owned 7 Saturns with no complaint, and my parents have an '04 ION that has only had one problem. But, the number of issues this car has had is ridiculous!!
27th Feb 2006, 13:35
I just remembered two more things to add to my last post about the list of things wrong with my 2005 ION.
1. Something went wrong with the security system, and the airbag light was on all the time. On-Star told me that I couldn't turn the car off as I would not be able to turn it back on because the security system would think I was stealing it. (there's a joke here somewhere!!)
2. Had starter replaced as I could take the key out of the ignition without turning off the car.