1991 Seat Ibiza GLX System Porsche 1.2 petrol from Greece

Summary:

Nothing can keep it from running!

Only once I did have to change the clutch cable, at around 150000 km.

At 177000 it still runs with the factory clutch!

Last month I changed the radiator. I was driving with the radiator leaking for a whole year; kept putting water in every 3 days.

Changed the engine's gasket, because drops of water from the radiator were leaking into the burning chambers of one cylinder. It was driven like this for 2 years (!!!) before fixing it.

I had to change the alternator's regulator once at around 140000... it fried my battery.

The only 2 things that are making me crazy are the door handles that broke twice at the driver's door. They are not easy to find and replace, and secondly the top of the car that keeps falling.

General Comments:

NOTHING! Nothing can keep this car from driving... even with the clutch cable broken, I managed to drive to the garage. It took some time though with first gear only.

I love this car. It was my first, and all these years, it's never let me down, although I keep letting it down.

My second car, an Opel Corsa C 1.4 let me down 4 times. I had to pay a lot to get it on the road again.

My Ibiza that I drive at work every day keeps running with minor faults that are cheap to repair...

Review Date: 12th November, 2014

1991 Seat Ibiza CLX 1.2 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

I hated it

A lot! It was OK for the first year I had my car, but after that everything seemed to go wrong.

First, the exhaust went and that cost me a lot of money. Then the head gasket went, that cost me about 400 pounds to put right, only the problem was never really solved so I had to get rid of it as soon as I could.

General Comments:

This car was a good buy and it did me good for about 2 years. after that it pretty much fell apart! Whats more the speedometer stopped working.

Review Date: 14th October, 2004

1991 Seat Ibiza CLX 1.2 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Cheap as chips fun motoring

2 x CV joints £75

1 x Battery £30

2 Front tire's £50

Front Disc's & Pads £40

Rear Shoes £10

Plugs, Leads, Dizzy Cap, Rotor Arm

K & N Air Filter.

General Comments:

Nothing has really gone wrong with this car most of the parts I have had to replace have been because I abuse the car!!

Good for 115mph downhill!

Is quicker than new 1.2 8v vauxhall corsas and is much more responsive with a "bolt on" K&N air filter.

Has lots of body roll, but holds on well and goes very nicely sideways in the wet!

Review Date: 5th May, 2003

1991 Seat Ibiza CLX 1.2 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

High performance bargain

Back exhaust started blowing.

Parcel shelf snapped.

Rev. counter sticking.

General Comments:

This car is very nippy and quick for its age and engine size.

Very reliable car with low running costs.

High performance with cheap tax and insurance.

Review Date: 21st January, 2003

1991 Seat Ibiza L 1.2 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Great little car

Front wings started to rust from the inside. On closer inspection, I found this to be due to a previous front end accident. Since they are bolt-on, I replaced them myself quite easily at a cost of £60 for the pair.

The Pierburg carburettor developed a fault at 40000 miles. It is very difficult to start in cold weather, stalls at every road end until the engine is warmed up, and is "lumpy" at idle speed even when warm. I am currently considering a Weber conversion.

Rear nearside window glass sliders have rusted. The window will open, but won't close with the winder.

General Comments:

Considering this car's age and small engine size, it's quick off the mark and very responsive.

The paint has stood up well to the elements. After a wash & wax, it still comes up like new.

Although the car is small, the boot space is enormous. (Mine is a hatchback.)

My Ibiza is the entry level "L" spec. It has manual steering which feels quite heavy when parking. However, it handles well and corners like a dream.

The interior is very basic, but it's still clean and tidy after 11 years.

Review Date: 17th October, 2002

4th Feb 2003, 06:12

I also own a Seat Ibiza GLX 1.5 I need some sites to go on, and has anyone got any cheap alloys? my email address is maxamillon_1@yahoo.com.