2007 Subaru Forester X 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Great in snow, good MPG, very firm seats

Car was a rental. Purchased it with 7000K miles.

The head gasket was leaking oil. Also one wheel bearing was chirping. The dealership repaired all under warranty.

Since then no problems.

General Comments:

For a 4 cyl this thing is peppy. It gets about 24 around town and 29 on highway trips on regular fuel.

My only complaint is that the seats are too firm for a long trip. After a couple of hours they are downright uncomfortable.

I would definitely recommend for an around town daily driver, especially in areas with snow. AWD works great.

Review Date: 5th September, 2008

2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X premium 4 cyc from North America

Summary:

Wonderful, except for the drivers seat

The drivers seat is horrible and hurts me. The dealer has not been helpful at all. Otherwise, it is a wonderful car.

General Comments:

Takes the local dirt roads like a champ!

Review Date: 28th March, 2007

29th Mar 2007, 14:57

I know what you mean about the driver's seat. However, I recently discovered that it appears that seat has an air bag inside so one has to inflate the seat a bit to make it more comfortable. Also, there is a lumbar support handle just about the center console that can be adjusted. I turned mine completely off and added more air to front of the seat. It is now much more comfortable for me.

9th Jul 2007, 21:14

I love my '07 Forester Sport, but hate the hill holder... I just can't get used to it.

20th Nov 2007, 14:08

RE: to previous post.

I've read that the wheel bearing fail because the dealers install them without properly repacking grease. The part comes packed with what may seem to be the proper lubricant. However, the material is not meant for driving. It is meant for part preservation only. Your repetitive problem with the bearing leads me to believe that the dealership improperly installed the part. Incompetence in service can destroy any product. Good luck.

About the author: I had a rear pass.-side bearing failure on my 01 Forester. At that time the car had 135,000 miles.

20th May 2008, 09:03

We have a 2007 with manual trans - overall great car for Colorado. We all must remember this is on the cheap side of cars now!!!

We're getting 28MPG average in all types of driving.

"Hill Holder" works well, but is a bit difficult to get use too in other level driving, I think it holds back car in 1 st gear?

Cruise control is not as good as it should be and does not control down hill speeds at all.

Front floor mats fell apart and replaced by warranty.

Oil change cover is WORTHLESS and cheap.

Transmission shop tells me to dump the car before 75,000 miles and issues and costs on a Subaru Transmission?