2007 Subaru Impreza 1.5 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Wish it was a diesel

Clutch thrust bearing now noisy, gearbox bearings now noisy as well.

Petrol tank way too small, but space underneath is limited, and for a small 4x4 it's thirsty.

Sun visor gaps.

High load lip for an estate car.

Still an expensive car to run and tax.

General Comments:

Easy to drive, and easy to change the oil and oil filter.

Headlamp bulbs are a whole different matter. Not much legroom in the back, but it will do for short journeys.

Carpets are not very good; too thin.

Speakers made from rice paper.

Dead easy to get in and out of with the windows down.

Tyre wear OK; 2 on the front so far.

Very good traction; grippy in the wet.

Full sized spare wheel.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2014

2007 Subaru Impreza from North America

Summary:

This car is the definition of high maintenance

Well, let's see, so far I've had the catalytic converter replaced twice, the powertrain had $3000 worth of work done on it over the summer, and the car is currently in the shop for a gas leak, and the head gasket is starting to go. There have been some other things, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. I just hit 70000 miles last week.

Thankfully, much of what I've had done to it has been under warranty. But as far as I'm concerned, having to take a car that's less than five years old, into the shop every three to six months for a major repair or some sort of check engine light problem is pretty insane. My mom didn't start having these kinds of problems with her Subaru until it was 10 years old.

Ultimately, I'm probably going to try to sell it this summer. Hopefully the next car I get won't have so many problems.

General Comments:

Overall, I've liked the car. It handles nice and mostly does what I ask of it. While it's had problems, it's never actually broken down on me.

Review Date: 7th December, 2010

2007 Subaru Impreza 1.5 from Turkey

Summary:

My 2007 Subaru Impreza is a bad car

2007 Subaru Impreza works with difficulty in cold weather. It takes a lot of effort to get the engine started. Dealer cannot find reasonable solutions. Installing a block heater is not an option for me.

During cold weather, I have to get up in the middle of the night and drive this car about 15 minutes so that I can easily start the engine next morning. If I do not do that, it takes a lot of time to start the engine. If I am not lucky, the spark plugs get wet and oily and I have to get them replaced.

This car drives me crazy very well.

General Comments:

This car is very nice and it is very safe if it runs.

When I first start the engine in the morning, the brakes are very weak. I have to push the brakes with all my power to stop the car if I want a quick stop in 10-20 feet.

When the engine is at 500rpm, the car shakes a little bit.

Review Date: 26th January, 2009

27th Jan 2009, 10:04

"My 2007 Subaru Impreza is a bad car."

I see that you are in Turkey. That means that you have your choice of either the Black Sea or the Mediterranean Sea in which to drop that piece of junk.

28th Jan 2009, 05:24

That would make me very happy. However, the bank from which I borrowed money still owns this car. I was going to go to court but the weather is unusually warm in these days in Kars Turkey. (I have to prove at the court that it is not working in cold weather) 2007 Subaru Impreza causes problem in cold weather. Am I lucky or what?

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5 turbo from North America

Summary:

Fun, reliable and quick econobox

Nothing has broken or needed repair.

General Comments:

This is a very reliable, fun to drive, and fairly comfortable car.

It consistently beats the EPA 26 mpg rating even running 75-80 mph.

I travel for work and average 800-900 miles a week and it has been flawless.

The styling is a hit or miss. My wife despises the look but loves driving the car. Very quick for it's price range, easy to get around in traffic and simple to park.

Review Date: 9th January, 2009

28th Jan 2009, 01:43

How about winters. If you live in a warm climate or have a nice and toasty garage, you can love your Subaru. It is not a street car. It is not a tough car. In my opinion, subaru sucks. At least, my 2007 Subaru Impreza sucks.

Respectfully,

Mehmet.

24th Feb 2009, 10:33

For the previous poster: I'm fairly sure that with the AWD and some good snow tires in the WRX, it performs flawlessly on snow. I don't have one of my own, but I am looking at getting a used one, and have scoured youtube.com for videos of WRX's, and have seen the results.

28th Feb 2009, 20:50

I been driving my 2007 Impreza (2.5i, manual) since March 2007 and it's better than many cars I drove.

Listen - for AWD performance, handling, braking, drifting, blasting-through-snow drifts uphill - NOTHING beats it except maybe another Subaru. Maybe Mehmet drives a 1.5L, but with a WRX you get 220+ bhp. If you're really nuts get the STi - which should come with pre-paid speeding tickets, IMHO.

<shrug>