2014 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5 turbo from North America

Insane handling and power for the money, offset by terrible mileage

The A/C smelled like some sort of chemicals. Took it to the dealer; they said that was normal for a newer car. I don't really notice it anymore.

Nothing else.

General Comments:

This is what happens when you build a $26k car and put all of that money in the drivetrain. Most cars I've had I were able to get the EPA highway mileage cruising at 80 mph on a road trip.

I have never gotten anywhere near 25 MPG. But I drive the car pretty hard. I think you would have to baby it and cruise at 60 mph to get 25 MPG. I don't care enough to do that. I just went on a 1200 mile road trip with snowboards on racks on the top of the car. Cruising at 95 mph I got about 17 MPG on the trip (lower than the EPA rated city mileage of 19 MPG).

As far as the interior goes, it's bare bones, but has everything you need and a few intelligent design features.

I'm far from disappointed with the car. If I wanted to, I could have castrated myself and purchased a Prius for less money. I chose the WRX instead.

Review Date: 6th January, 2014

8th Jan 2014, 08:25

I own a Prius and a WRX.

WRX = FUN and no fuel economy.

PRIUS = Reliable, easy to drive when stuck at 0 mph in traffic and no clutch to worry about. Reliable, AMAZING fuel economy. Did I mention RELIABLE!?

You do not buy a WRX for fuel economy.