2019 Subaru Legacy 2.5i from North America

Summary:

I should have investigated further before purchasing

Trim - Rear seat was torn, dealer replaced the seat.

Catastrophic electric failure. The battery will drain in short order leaving us stranded.

General Comments:

The car is noisy and tinny sounding, and the horn is a joke. But, we have an infant, and we wanted a new car that incorporates modern safety standards and couldn't afford a new Mercedes.

Yes, I was driving a twenty year old Mercedes E320 and with 268,000 miles on the odometer, but it seems to be a much more solid car than the new Subaru, and it never left me stranded like the Subaru seems prone to.

Review Date: 9th October, 2018

15th Oct 2018, 16:36

Seems that Subaru has had some major issues of late. My brother owns a 2013 Forester and the thing consumes a LOT of oil. There's a service bulletin about it too. I like the kinds of cars they make, but heavy oil consumption is a major flaw. Sounds like you too are having issues.

10th Dec 2018, 03:27

Some Subarus have had an oil consumption problem since they went to the 0-20 wt oils. Subaru has stood behind their products and replaced at least one engine for a friend of mine when the oil consumption was not able to be corrected. I am told that Subaru has addressed this problem in the manufacturing process by using harder piston rings. I do not know if this is true. I hope it is. Buy the warranty.