2000 Suzuki Swift Reviews - Page 3 of 3

2000 Suzuki Swift 1.3 from North America

Model year2000
Year of manufacture1999

Summary:

Very reliable, fuel economy

At 40,000km Transmission needed to be fixed because it would not stay in 5th gear it cost 700 dollars.

General Comments:

Besides the transmission needing to be fixed this car has been great to own. It has been very fuel efficient and reliable. I take it lots of places in cold or rain. the only thing that could be better is having air conditioning in the summer, but is not a necessity for me. this is a great first car for any one.

Review Date: 5th June, 2005

27th Jan 2006, 20:46

My transmission slips out of 5th after 60,000miles. But I haven't spent a cent in repairs otherwise and I use it daily. Sips gas and runs great. Worth every penny.

2000 Suzuki Swift GLX 1.3 Gasoline from Greece

Year of manufacture2000
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 1.3 Gasoline Manual
Previous carSuzuki Alto

Summary:

Cheap, reliable, and pretty

General Comments:

My father owned an Alto for 17 years and this car is still running. So we decided to go for a Suzuki again. I have owned this car for only 4 months now, but I can say that I'm satisfied, I got more than I paid for.

The engine is a little noisy after 3000rpm, it certainly needs larger tires but other than that it's fun to drive and is very economic as far as fuel consumption is concerned.

I know a lot of Suzuki Swift owners and all of them agree that these cars are reliable, economic and with a few additions you can make a vast improvement on their looks and performance.

I would suggest this car to anyone that wants to buy a cheap car and have it for many years without significant problems.

Review Date: 31st March, 2001

17th Oct 2005, 05:29

Maruthi Alto is launched in 4 years back only. The writer is saying that his father is owned an alto 17yrs back. How?

3rd Mar 2006, 08:54

There was an old Suzuki Alto as well, this is what the OP is referring to. Do a google image search for Suzuki Alto or even search this site and there are reviews for old Alto's.