2002 Toyota Camry XLE 6 cylinder. from North America

Summary:

I would recommend this car to anyone, and would buy another one myself

The steering wheel would squeak when it was turned very far. I took it to the dealership and they did some five minute minor adjustment and the squeak was gone. About a year later it returned. Same repair experience.

An air bag was replaced due to a recall.

Other repairs have been very minor.

General Comments:

This is my fourth Camry XLE in about 25 years. I had one other car, an Infinity I-35 during that period. The Camrys have performed very well and had almost no repairs to speak of. I keep buying them because of the really good reliability.

They have also had a great resell/trade-in value when I decided to get a new automobile.

The leather seats do show a fair amount of wear even though they do not get abused and usually I am the only person in the car.

One of the best points about this car is that it uses regular grade of gasoline. With today's high gas prices this is a blessing.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2008

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 from North America

Summary:

A great car

Nothing.

General Comments:

We have been driving more than 100,000 miles with our Camry since we bought it 2002.

We drove it from west coast to east coast, from south to north. We have never, EVER, experienced a single problem.

If anyone had problems the problem it is not always the car manufacturer, but the way some people take care and drive their cars. They should evaluate their own behavior before claiming that Toyota is junk.

I have heard so many stories about Ford and other so called American made cars and their problems, so that it is much more trouble than any Japanese car.

I heard recently about a Toyota that has been running over 450,000 miles without any problems except normal maintenace. How many American cars can do that, folks! No, the problem is not Camry or Toyota, the biggest problem is usually the owner. If you do not take care of your car, do not expect it will last more than few weeks. That is the truth. Japanese quality is really quality with a capital Q. I think the proof is standing on our drive way right now.

Review Date: 14th April, 2007

2002 Toyota Camry LE 2.4L from North America

Summary:

Very reliable.. very gas efficient

Nothing really went wrong with this car... I bought it used, and I put about 15000 miles on it in one year, and all that I am doing is changing the oil (synthetic blend) every 3000-4000 miles.

General Comments:

It's extremely gas efficient on highways... I drove this car from Houston to Denver, which is a little over 1100 miles on 2 tanks of gas... I just couldn't believe it... It holds 17 gallons per tank, so the average mile per gallon is about 31-32.

I love it.. I am planning on keeping it for another 3 years, and then getting one of those new 2007 Camrys.

Review Date: 24th July, 2006

2002 Toyota Camry LE from North America

I have owned 2 Toyota's with manual transmissions for 15 years, and never had to replace a clutch under 100K miles.

I got a 2002 Camry, and had to replace the clutch at 15K. Dealer said it was operator error.

At 44k the clutch went again. I had an independent mechanic fix it, and he told me that Toyota had replaced the original pressure plate part with a new one, because they were having problems with the original one. I will let you know what Toyota says about this.

Review Date: 10th April, 2006

2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6 from North America

Summary:

Love it

Four light bulbs burned out. The serpentine belt is is being replaced soon. The power steering is needs to be fixed. Besides all of that, it's a good car.

General Comments:

I love the car. The navigation system really helps me a lot when I go on trips.I'm about to trade it for a Toyota 4Runner.

Review Date: 29th March, 2006