This is a great SUV, but more of an off road than on road truck
In 21 years:
1. Gas tank recall, no cost
2. Radiator at about 10 years.
3. Transfer case retention clip 12 years
4. Water pump, 15 years
5. Alternator, 16 years.
6. Air conditioner compressor at, 18 years.
7. Power steering pump and gear at 20 years.
8. New Carb at 21 years, still worked OK but wanted it to start better after sitting for a few weeks and the float bulb was leaking.
8. I put springs and shocks on at 21 years; they weren't broken, but were sagging.
40 to 50K on tires.
2 Alignments in 21 years.
Brakes last about 40 to 50K.
Still has original clutch.
This is a very tough vehicle. The engine is very sound after 21 years, no reason to believe it will not go 300K without much maintenance.
Parts are a lot more expensive than a Corolla, but it is very reliable so you don't need many.
You can fix almost anything on this truck yourself; no computers or fancy technology.
It will wear you out before you wear it out.
This truck can pull almost any stuck vehicle out, but not many can pull it out, so don't get stuck.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th April, 2008