To start with, several things were wrong when I bought this car from a farmer's widow in central Texas. The most obvious of these was that the bed was completely rusted out. Well, not completely per se, but about %70 of the bed was gone, and the rest was badly rusted. Inquiring about this, I discovered that it had been sitting in a field for a year, and the bed had filled with rainwater...
This however, did not prevent the truck from being driven. What did was that, upon a test drive, I discovered that it would die every time the engine was allowed to idle. Constant pressure was required on the pedal in order to prevent the engine from shutting off. This turned out to be a twofold problem:
1: The choke was trashed. It just flopped around without actually doing its job, and.
2: The fuel pump was non-functional, having been installed on a circuit that lacked the juice to properly turn it on.
Both of these were relatively easy to fix. The choke simply had a spring mis-aligned, and a new circuit was run for the fuel pump.
The truck ran flawlessly for about a week until it decided to stop turning on at all. This was isolated to the severely corroded battery terminals. after much cleaning of the massively corroded electrical system, she once again ran fine.
As another poster has mentioned, I did have the clutch slave cylinder go bad and need replaced. Simultaneously, the main seal on the engine cracked, spewing oil everywhere. While an annoying breakdown, installation of a new seal was not amazingly difficult. Fault goes to the previous owner for setting the V belt far too tight, which pulled the crankshaft over and loosened the seal.
The next thing to go wrong was the tail lights. this, however, was the fault (as quite a few things have been) of the previous owner, who had wired them incorrectly after the installation of a third-party bumper. Easily fixed by running the correct wires.
The most recent failure was a bit more catastrophic. The bearings on the alternator seized, snapping the V belt and overheating the engine. Replacing said alternator was amazingly simple; it only took me 45 minutes!
Right now, the engine still runs a little rich, and she tends to vibrate between 50 and 65 mph, but, other than that, she's still trucking!