2004 Toyota Yaris Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Toyota Yaris T-Spirit 1.4D4D from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.4D4D Manual
Most recent distance51936 miles
Previous carToyota Yaris

Summary:

A car I never tire of driving

Air conditioning pump replaced twice.

Alternator replaced twice.

General Comments:

This is the third Yaris I've owned and the first diesel. My other two were 1.0 petrol engines and were faultless. As a driving instructor I need reliability, but I've been slightly disappointed with the alternator and air con pump each having to be replaced twice. Toyota have agreed to extend the warranty on the alternator, but curiously not the air con pump. This set me on the search for another manufacturer, but I have to say that nothing compares with Toyota in the mass market for build quality and overall reliability so in a few weeks I'm taking delivery of a new Yaris T3 diesel. I have been assured by the main dealer that they've had no problems with the air con pump or alternator on the latest 1.4 diesel engines.

After test driving the new Yaris I'm looking forward to working with it for at least a couple of years.

Review Date: 15th August, 2006

2004 Toyota Yaris Sol 1.0 from Portugal

Model year2004
Previous carOpel Corsa

Summary:

A very wise choice

Only a small oil leak that was repaired by the local Toyota dealer, free of charge. Toyota service is excellent.

At the present, the front bumper painting is falling, probably because of terrible hot summer days.

General Comments:

For a small car it’s very interesting and reliable. Driving in the city is fun and the high driving position makes me feel safer. Fuel consumption is low, but if you drive only in the city don’t expect miracles.

The dashboard is marvelous and very inspiring. Seats are comfortable.

Driving in the country is a pleasure. Suspension is smooth.

The engine is very shy, but always reliable in any kind of weather and driving conditions, even with air conditioning on.

For a small car, general quality is very good, but… the interiors plastics are very easy to damage, especially by nails and shoes. Brakes make some strange noises. Rattling noises are a sad and annoying presence in all kind of roads. Seats clothing should be more resistant.

I like my Yaris a lot and a think I will only replace it by another Yaris (or a bigger Toyota model…). This car is a very, very wise choice.

Review Date: 25th September, 2005

13th Oct 2005, 08:17

As a low budget option is very interesting, but for a Toyota is very disappointing. I hope Japanese do better in the "baby" Aygo.

27th Jan 2007, 12:31

I'm the original reviewer of this review page.

My Yaris is now three years old and this week I took it to the third check-up service which costed me 102 Euros. Once again, the local Toyota dealer provided an excellent service. The car is still very reliable and cheap to run, and I'm very satisfied despite the bad paint-job, the annoying rattles and some weak materials in the cabin.

1st Mar 2007, 19:20

If the paint is peeling on the front bumper.. is because the bumper has been scratched then repaint...

13th Apr 2007, 07:57

Hi.

The bumper was not scratched. It's bad quality painting. Unfortunately, Toyota painting warranty doesn’t cover plastic parts, such as mirrors or bumpers…

2004 Toyota Yaris Terra 1.0 petrol from Hungary

Engine and transmission 1.0 petrol Manual
Previous carSuzuki Maruti

Summary:

It gets you where you wanna go, but don't expect more than that

The wind screen wiper had to be replaced after 3000 kilometers (failed to remove anything that was a bit more solid than clean water).

There is a rattling noise coming from practically every corner of the car. I have consulted with other owners and they all experienced the same problem. It does not seem to influence the performance or the functionality of the car.

General Comments:

I bought this car to replace my 12 year-old Suzuki Maruti as I wanted more comfort and safety and it lived up to these expectations.

The 1.0 liter engine is seriously underpowered, the 1.3 liter version seems to be a much better choice now.

The mileage is great (5.3 liters/100km).

The car handles pretty well especially around corners.

Review Date: 26th January, 2005