2007 Vauxhall Corsa Life 1.2 petrol from UK and Ireland

Good basic transport

Not much, minor rattles in the interior and a rough idle sometimes when cold that I never really bothered investigating myself; just got it all fixed under warranty when new.

General Comments:

A very modern small car that is generations ahead of its predecessor, this Corsa felt much more refined. Only got this car as a stop gap and had to downsize from a Vectra due to economy reasons. At first I thought I would hate it after driving mostly larger cars for years, but this was surprisingly comfortable, so long as you are not carrying too much luggage or passengers.

Well equipped enough and nicely designed interior. Fiddly indicators were a pain to use though, I think Vauxhall realised their mistake with this feature and gave you the option to use the indicators normally in future cars.

Handling of the car is fine, but performance was poor. I know it was only a 1.2 petrol, but I was expecting a bit better. Dread to think what the 1.0 must be like! If recommending this car to anyone I'd say go for a 1.4 and upwards. Not in a boy racer way, just wanted a bit more power as you really appreciate it overtaking on country roads; to be fair though I think cars of this size are called "city" cars for a reason - they are really out of their depth on longer drives out of town, that's when you appreciate a larger car. Also wasn't quite as good on fuel for a 1.2 - yes it done over 40 MPG, but my previous Vectras with 1.8 and 2.0 engines did around 40 as well on long drives. Would have liked a bit more for such a small car.

Still, for a smaller car the Corsa surprised me - it wasn't as unrefined as I thought it would be and was generally comfortable and reliable for the time I had it, and from what I hear they hold up well long term if you look after them. So if you are looking for a reliable small car, get a Corsa with a bigger engine, pick a nice color and alloy wheels, and happy economical motoring. Not got much more to say, it is what it is, just an ordinary honest little car.

Review Date: 5th September, 2016

2007 Vauxhall Corsa 3 door 1.2 from UK and Ireland

An excellent, reliable car. A bit heavy on petrol though for a Vauxhall

Light in the glove compartment has blown.

General Comments:

The engine is a little underpowered for the size of the car.

Very nice interior with comfortable seats, and the controls are easy to use. The indicators are very odd though, and take some getting used to.

The stereo is brilliant! Fantastic sound even at full volume, and the radio function is very easy to use.

The doors are heavy, and it's very difficult to get into the back with the 3 door model.

The seats are very difficult to put back into position after tilting them to admit rear passengers.

The handling is average, and the steering isn't the lightest. Handling overall is okay, but doesn't feel right for the size of the car.

My 1.2 struggles at hills, I would give the 1.0 version a miss.

The boot is a nice size, and there is plenty of room in the back.

Its very quick nonetheless, and it's a surprisingly good cruiser on the motorway.

Review Date: 13th September, 2010

2007 Vauxhall Corsa Life 1.3 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Heater blower motor stopped working after 3 months, took the car into the dealers three times before they ended up replacing the switch plus fan motor. 3 months later it started cutting out when I went over speed bumps or turning corners. Back in again for another heater blower motor.

Last month the engine management light came on dash. They replaced 4 glow plugs, only done 13,000 miles.

General Comments:

It is a good car, good on fuel, but the electrics are poor.

Review Date: 28th May, 2009