2011 Vauxhall Corsa Review

First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 1.2 ecotec Manual
Previous carHonda Jazz

Summary:

Waste of money, should have got a Kia LOL

Not so much has gone wrong, but the problems I have are getting bad MPG, and the doors leave black marks on the side skirts when it rains, and runs through the doors.

General Comments:

Well I sold my old trusty Jazz as I was looking for a newer car, saw the new 2011 Corsa, and thought it looked nice. I managed to get a 1.2 Limited Edition in red with black roof and 17 inch wheels for £11,999. Worst mistake of my life; the Vauxhall dealers are terrible.

On to the car; it looks nice, looks well built, but inside it's a sea of plastics and cheap materials, which rattle already after only 1500 miles.

The ride is harsh, but it feels stable and planted nice through the corners. The steering is vague, and you feel disconnected from the car.

The engine. I got the 1.2 Ecotec for obvious reasons; petrol in UK is stupidly high now, and I thought I was making the right decision, but to be honest I'm averaging 30mpg. I have told Vauxhall, who said that's terrible, but are yet to offer any help. My Jazz was getting 40+ mpg.

All in all, stay clear of the Corsa. There are a lot of better cars on the market now.

Review Date: 24th June, 2011

25th Jun 2011, 07:47

Why did you buy a brand new car to save money? It doesn't make any sense at all.

26th Jun 2011, 15:06

Maybe to save more money on petrol, tax, and possibly insurance. Just my 2 cents.

26th Jun 2011, 17:57

I guess a 1.4 Jazz to a 1.2 Corsa would save you money on petrol when Vauxhall quote around 60+ combined MPG and the Jazz was getting 40+ MPG.

29th Jun 2011, 12:00

All the money you lose in depreciation and trading your old car in is not good value.

26th Jul 2011, 14:12

It's a Vauxhall at the end of the day, what did you expect?

25th Sep 2011, 15:24

Four wheels and a steering wheel; anything else with Vauxhall is uncertain.

28th Nov 2012, 11:05

I bought Limited Corsa, and have had it a year now. Also get black marks down the white paint work. Now having problem with black paint work on the roof; it's starting to lift and showing white paint. Anyone else had this problem?

12th Dec 2012, 13:55

I'm also having same problem with the marks on the side of the car, which are hard to remove while washing! And some of the paint on the roof and rear arches has bubbled. The car is two years old, and I look forward to selling it at the beginning of next year for something nice. It has too many problems with bad dealers and build quality.

Average review marks: 3.4 / 10, based on 1 review