30th Dec 2011, 02:49

After having the car for nearly a year now, I thought I'd add another update to the review:

The clunk from the steering seems to have fixed itself.

The aircon compressor started making a whining noise whenever the aircon was turned on, making the car sound electric.

This was fixed under warranty by a replacement compressor at a cost of around £700, so it was definitely worth doing!

During the recent snow just before Christmas, I found that the car did tend to slip quite easily, especially when pulling away, although this could be down to the cheapish tyres on the front.

All in all, I'm still very pleased with the car, although still occasionally think that I may have preferred the CDTi 150BHP diesel version for more power and better economy... although I don't know if I could make do with the clatter of a diesel!

27th Feb 2012, 15:09

Another update:

The car seemed to lose most of its power yesterday, and wouldn't go above 60mph without a fight.

I took it into the garage today (luckily it was already booked in to have the driver's side electric window switch replaced under warranty), and they have diagnosed that the VVT mechanics are faulty.

The car has around 2 weeks left under the warranty, and I'm seriously considering taking out another, as there seem to be things failing that shouldn't be in a car that is only 4 years old.

4th Feb 2013, 14:16

Well, I still have the car and all is going well.

It has just had its third MOT, which it has passed again with no advisories.

I fitted HID lights back in December, which has improved the lights no end.

It has also had a full set of tyres - I went for Evergreen EU72's, which seemed a decent mid range. Got all 4 fitted etc for £380.

Can't think of anything else to write. It's due another service as it's now on 45k, but all is still good.

11th Jul 2014, 21:59

Probably the last review I'll write on the car.

It's coming up to nearly 60k miles now. Had a problem with the car losing power again a while ago, which took a fair bit of investigating as there were no diagnostic lights showing.

The problem turned out to be a faulty MAF sensor, which was starting to fail.

Apart from that, I don't think anything else has gone wrong, and apart from the routine servicing that I have carried out myself, the car hasn't really cost me much at all.