This car stinks
- Third brake light has come out four times.
- Various warning lights have appeared.
- Received recall notice for leaking fuel lines.
- The car makes strange creaks and pops for no reason.
- Secondary hood latch became stuck, not allowing the hood to fully close or open.
This car is absolutely terrible. The negative reviews on this site do not capture the pain and torment that is owning a VW New Beetle.
The suspension is made of stone. The seats feel like rock. The transmission feels as if there is a small man with a sledgehammer in there, changing gears whenever he feels like doing so.
The car has some power, but mine has a tendency to torque steer. The center of gravity is too high, so the car feels like it's going to flip in a more than gentle turn.
I hate this car, and I will never buy another Volkswagen. I have a good dealership, and they are very nice. But even the mechanics shrug when I take it in. They don't know what to tell me. Every time I am there, I see the repair bays full of Beetles, and occasionally one GTI or EOS.
It's just a horrible, expensive-to-fix hunk of junk. The bumper-to-bumper warranty is good, but do yourself a favor and dump it before it's up.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 8th May, 2012