1999 Volkswagen Golf Wolfsburg 2.0 from North America
Not worth the tires its on
Do not purchase this vehicle... very unhappy at the reliability of such a lemon. Since I purchased it, it has been nothing, but a money pit... problems with the check engine light, the radio, the engine in general, the brakes, the steering wheel, the heating system...etc.
A 2/10, not a good car and will NEVER drive a VW again. It looks good from far, but is far from good!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 27th January, 2007
5th Mar 2008, 03:02
I purchased a used 99 wolfsburg 4 years ago and I too have been total disappointed to the point that I will never buy another Volkswagen again. This car has been a money pit and headache since the moment I drove it off the lot.
- It has had constant problems with the front CV joints, I have replaced them at least 4 times.
- Check engine light came on about 4 months after purchase and has since burnt out.
- The hatch rusted out, which is an common issue with this model. I had it fixed under warranty, but was it was a warranty patch job and has since rusted out again. Now the hatch won't open at all and is no longer covered.
- Air bag light comes on and off intermittently.
- Cruise Control only work sometimes.
- Moon roof leaks.
- Starting to rust in all the place you would expect on a Volkswagen.
I have spent around $3000 on this car in the last year on repairs. It is now parked as it needs another $4000 in repairs.
I just give up. It too bad because it is really a fun car to drive. When it's drivable.