2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 from North America
Well, like others, I'm reading these comments and wondering if I wrote them. I have had nothing, but problems since purchasing my Jetta GLX. Here is a list:
1. 2 weeks after purchasing, 3rd gear went out. Covered by warranty
2. Driver side power window slipped and exploded in door - Covered by warranty
3. Check Engine Light - Emissions Workshop - this has occurred numerous times, often it occurs when the gas cap isn't double clicked. I brought it to the dealer last year and they replaced my spark plugs, wires, and engine coil (over 1000.00 worth of work at under 55k miles). This fixed the issue temporarily. Once again the check engine light is on, Emissions Workshop.
4. The engine cooling fan does not turn off in cold temperatures, this resulted in me burning through 2 car batteries. I finally had to take out the fuse that controlled the fan to ensure I didn't burn through another battery. When I took it to the shop, they couldnt recreate the issue.
5. Taking your foot off the gas while in 5th gear causes the gear shift to pop out of 5th gear, in essence reducing me to only 4 gears.
I'm writing to VW of America and to the BBB in hopes that they will take this piece of garbage off my hands. If they can't, I'm going to fix the problems and sell or trade in this vehicle asap.
I fell in love with the car when I test drove it. When its not having the above issues, it handles great and is very comfortable. Unfortunately, my overall experience has been tainted by the above issues. I will not purchase another VW.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 2nd October, 2007