2000 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews - Page 17 of 89

2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 2.8L VR6 from North America

Model year2000
Engine and transmission 2.8L VR6 Manual
Previous carOldsmobile Bravada

Summary:

I love this car!

I've had some normal problems that most others have had:

The biggest problem I've had is kind of at fault of the previous owner, and kind of at fault of VW. I'm guessing the only person that owned it before me was a tailgater or a NASCAR fan, because my windshield and bumper and hood all have small checks and chips in it. Which has caused my clear-coat to start chipping away. However, it's also started on my mirror covers and on my roof. If you've had this problem as well, I was recommended to use Linseed Oil to keep it from hurting the paint. I figured out that if you wipe on a coat of linseed oil until it hardens, then wipe it down and wax it, it stays looking almost new for a couple of months.

The light behind the climate control is indecisive.

The clip that holds my arm rest closed JUST broke the other day. Clip just came out. I can still get into my arm rest pretty easily. I just lift it. Lol.

The ash tray in the back seat won't stay closed. I don't smoke, so I don't care.

The right side of the glove box is broke, but it still operates as it should.

Other than those issues. I've had no problems with the windows, MAF sensor, door locks, brakes (which I haven't changed since I've had the car, almost 30k miles. I'm a big fan of down-shifting, and it's saved me on brakes. I still have well over half my pads left.) or anything else they named. I guess I'm fortunate.

I got a bad batch of gas and I hit a curb, which bent my lower control arm and strut. But those were both my fault and the gas station's fault.

Other than that, I just replaced my original plugs and fuel filter, and I'm getting ready to get some new plug wires. They lasted me 134k, which is pretty dadgum good if you ask me.

I would most definately highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. It's been a great car, and I'm sure it will be for a lot longer. Just take care of it and it will take care of you.

General Comments:

The VR6 is so peppy. I love it. I can cut around corners and stop on a dime. GREAT CAR!

Review Date: 29th January, 2008