Trip to the dealer every 1000 miles.
- Check engine light on. Faulty sensor, fixed trough dealer
- Headlamp projectors not even. Dealer says there's nothing to do about it, since the car automatically evens them out at start up. I always drive with one light higher than the other. Tired of resetting them both myself.
- Front right strut failure. Replaced under warranty
- Front left suspension noise. Replaced something on strut. Warranty again
- Check engine light on: found torn part and air leak on turbo assembly. Warranty covered.
- Alarm horn ceased working. Warranty covered
- Constant gas leak light on. Shut car off, check cap and restart, I know the drill too well.
- Noise on rear suspension. Dealer can't find it, I guess it'll have to get worse before they notice it.
Absolutely love it!!!
Interior: the seats are extremely racy and supportive, I love how they hug you around turns. Only comfy when driving fast, hate them on long and boring drives.
Steering wheel has an upscale feel. It's something I find myself staring at while at red lights.
Overall quality is very good, and no complaints here.
A/C takes a while to cool the car down, and the the factory speakers are somewhat weak. Not that I care much, since I'm too busy driving.
Exterior.: love the upscale HID headlamps, and I personally think the GLI body style is better looking than the GTI.
Driving it: It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Brakes are firm, sharp and consistent. Suspension is tight around corners, but not too firm on your back. I would suggest dropping the car a bit, the high center of gravity is felt when pushing the car to its limits. Nothing too alarming, maybe I'm just too used to my Saab 9-5.
The steering is precise, and I can tell where all the tires are, and what they all are doing. A bit soft for my taste; I would like it to be a little more like my Saab again :)
The engine: it is absolutely addictive to rev this car. It's almost impossible not to. The engine just takes the abuse and asks for more. You can take it well into the red zone before shifting and there is no drama, just passion. Have to slow down, I'm eating the front tires too soon. :)
In all, I could venture to say it is the perfect car; it is an absolute joy to drive, and it's hard not to like it. I love the styling, the quality and the performance, but I don't know if I could or if I should keep it once the warranty goes out; these cars are not cheap to fix, and I would hate for the charm to break.
Time will tell. If it continues the way it is, I will have to trade it in at less than 20k before the warranty expires in 4 months.