2016 Volkswagen Jetta Sport 1.8 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Quick, reasonably priced, handles very well, stylish, and gas efficient

Check engine light came on, flat tire, and a windshield chip from a passing motorist.

General Comments:

I did not care for the 2016 1.4T SE model with cloth interior and a windy smaller 4 cylinder. Therefore I went with the 1.8T Sport model with more juice; nothing compared to the 2.0T GLI model though. Overall I am satisfied as it rides smooth, is very stylish with the 17" rims, gets great gas mileage (35 - 40 MPG on long road trips), and it has pretty good acceleration once the turbo kicks in. It hugs the road tightly and the sport suspension is a big bonus.

The leatherette interior is very nice, and it has front heated seats which is an added bonus. The stereo along with navigation is also very nice.

I spent a little over $18000 for this car brand new, and I thought it was a good buy for the money in comparison to Toyotas, Hondas, etc. Granted this is kind of a poor man's Audi, but German engineering is always awesome.

Review Date: 14th May, 2017

2016 Volkswagen Jetta SE with Connectivity 1.4L 4 cylinder turbo from North America

Summary:

Performance, good looks, and great mileage at a reasonable price

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

I just bought this car after owning BMWs for years. I have to say that you get a lot for your money with the VW. The Jetta has great acceleration and gets awesome gas mileage. Even with a mid-range package it comes with a beautiful interior, and Apple Carplay. Can't speak to reliability yet, as I've only owned it for 200 miles, but the car is awesome so far.

Review Date: 16th May, 2016