2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 2.0 turbo from North America

Summary:

The Passat is an awesome car!

Rock chip on hood.

General Comments:

This is a fun, fabulous automobile!

The Passat drives beautifully, has plenty of power, and is head and shoulders above anything else out there.

Responsive handling, roomy interior. The Passat's push button parking brake and fob key are definite conversation starters.

The Passat has stylish good looks and is a definite head turner.

An overall great car!

Review Date: 25th July, 2006

26th Jul 2006, 11:34

Please give us periodic updates (say at 1, 2 and 5 years). Thanks.

7th Sep 2006, 18:24

My 2006 Passat has just turned one year old. And yes,it has got a birthday present. It has 15,000 miles, all of which have been refined, luxurious, and mostly trouble free. These cars aren't just for anyone who wants a car, they are for people who love cars and love to drive a sporty car. Some people have had trouble with VW's, but most of those problems are due to owner neglect. You have to spoil these cars and spend time at the dealer. At 14,000 mile it spent a week at the dealer to be fully serviced and inspected, but it runs the best it ever has. If you haven't driven one, go and drive one, they are super smooth with plenty of power.

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 2.0 liter turbo 4 cylinder. from North America

Summary:

A great car

Two rattles from interior panels. Both were covered by warranty and fixed promptly by the dealership.

General Comments:

The Passat has been a dream to own so far. Compared to other cars in its class I believe it emerges as the front runner. It is very refined, quiet, and luxurious.

The power from the 2.0 liter turbo four is great! However, I will be getting an APR Stage I Direct Port Program soon in order to get even more power.

The car handles corners well, but there is a little body roll. However, it feels extremely tight and the handling inspires confidence.

The six-speed automatic is a great transmission and helps this car achieve great fuel economy.

This is a great car and I am very happy with it so far. I'd recomend to the Passat to anyone looking for a well built mid-size car.

Review Date: 19th July, 2006

15th Sep 2006, 08:46

I would imagine almost culture shock going from a Dodge Spirit to a Passat.

I'm sure the Spirit was a fine little car, but the power & sophisticated refinement of the Passat must've blown you away.

2006 Volkswagen Passat Value Edition 2.0T 2.0T 16v 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

German refinement at an affordable price

From the time I drove the car off the lot the ashtray lid did not shut properly, I will have it repaired next week. It should be covered by warranty.

General Comments:

For the price of $24,900, this car is handsome, feels solid, comfortable, and is very refined when compared to the Accord and the Camry. The car just looks and feels more expensive than it really is! The 2.0 turbo is quick and good on gas. With gas prices going up again I think this engine is an excellent choice with more power than most 6 cylinder engines I've tested. The leatherette seats look goodand feel good! They fooled my friends into thinking that they were real leather. I considered an Acura TL which I think is an excellent car except that it was several thousand dollars more. This car is very roomy. My 3 kids actually fit in the back seat with plenty of leg room for even my 6 footer friends. I miss my previous 2003 1.8T Jetta which was a joy to drive, but it lacked space. This car just feels and looks like a more expensive Audi. I think that once you become an owner of a Volkswagen you will discover as I did that these cars become like members of the family. It is really hard to part from them. I still have pictures of my jetta which I keep as if it were like one of my kids. I love Volkswagens and I really love my new 2006 Passat.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2006

15th Apr 2006, 17:11

Hate to dampen your enthusiam, but my 2004 Passat was a load of trouble. Problems with power steering, a.b.s. cylinder head gasket blowing and numerous small problems. Got it fixed under warranty and got rid of it. Own a rover 75 now a much superior vehicle. Covered 35000 trouble free miles I will not buy German again.