1992 Volkswagen Polo Fox Coupe 1.0 from Belgium
Very reliable, enjoyable and cheap ride
Absolutely nothing went wrong, until I crashed it.
The car is not the most comfortable and isn't made for racing.
- although quite old, it never needed any repairs during the 3 years I owned it.
- small engine, cheap maintenance and insurance.
- When driven properly it only consumes 6.4 liter / 100 km (mpg = 36.6)
- not fast, but still somehow very powerful: last year we drove from Ghent to Dubrovnik and back (+-5000km), surviving flooding, the Alps and other mountain ridges (including the katschbergpass in Austria and the impossibly steep hills around Sarajevo), very hot temperatures (40C) and the traffic of former Yugoslavia
- incredibly reliable, although already sleeping outside for 10 years, it never gave any problems starting.
- it doesn't look cool, but its looks and feeling somehow grow on you
- I wouldn't recommend driving it faster then 120 km/h, I think it lasts forever if one treats it kindly
- I fell asleep in it and crashed it. although the car itself looked very messy, I was still in quite good shape.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 25th July, 2003