2003 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 2.5L Light Pressure turbo from North America
A.W.D .and a solid feel, but will it be reliable
Complete cooling system failure and overheating at 5000 km (about 3000 miles). Car overheated in a very short time-frame. Parts back ordered for over two weeks. Dealer offered loaner, but a beat up S40 wagon is not exactly the same thing.
Some interior plastic trim parts detached within a short time of delivery when new.
-Acceleration is more than adequate
- Transmission shifts well
- Seats are very comfortable
- Heating & defrost are fantastic, variable fan speed for defrost function is a plus
- Steering feel and weight are superb
- Interior layout and quality of materials used in cabin is very good. Uncluttered and very easy to use
- all wheel drive is exceptionally good in the snow. Great improvement over traction control systems
- sound system quality is good
- Overall fit and finish is of high caliber
Not so good:
- engine is not as smooth as some competitors
- Rearward visibility is not great, especially for parking situations
- Ride is somewhat harsh over roads that are not in the best shape
- while handling is sporty and solid, it drives and feels like a much bigger car than it is
- Rear seat room is less generous than it could be. Too tight for adults on longer trips and it would be nice to have heated seats in the back as some competitors offer
- brand new cars should not suffer from cooling system failure!
- Dealer experience was only average at best.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 26th March, 2004