2008 Volvo S60 Reviews

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carSeat Ibiza

Summary:

Best choice in its class

Nothing ever.

General Comments:

This is 7th car I have owned, and by now it is the best one car I have owned. My neighbor advised me buy Volvo, as he was happy with his 1991 model, and I am happy I listened to him.

Review Date: 17th April, 2011

2008 Volvo S60 AWD from North America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Previous carVolvo S60

Summary:

Do not buy an S60 AWD

Re: S60 AWD. Do not buy this car if you need to turn into parking spaces at the mall (which we all do sometimes). It has a turning radius that is super-wide. It is really a safety issue that should stop any purchases. U-turns are impossible. The car should be taken off the market.

Review Date: 24th February, 2010

25th Feb 2010, 06:38

This isn't actually a review is it? According to the data, you owned a S60 before this one - did you not notice then? I own a 2005 S60 and would recommend you buy it! Mine is super comfortable (no other car comes close), fantastically reliable and built very well. Mine is also the AWD version, which doesn't have a great turning radius, but provides stunning grip in the corners. I would highly recommend this car. One very happy Volvo S60 owner.

26th Feb 2010, 09:16

It's funny! You forget about all the pros of such a great car like S60, and as the turning radius is just half a meter more than some other cars, advise not to buy it? What if we realize in a test drive that we have no issues with that? And what if we find it's much less safety issue to buy a Volvo over a Lexus, which may kill you on the highway? I prefer to spend 15 seconds more when parking over being killed in a Lexus, or waiting two hours for being towed after my Nissan Altema (I know it's not the same class though) suddenly dies while doing 110Km/h (what happened to my sister)

21st Apr 2010, 16:42

Perhaps there is an issue with the Haldex unit or the differentials. Should get that checked out. The issue may just be your driving, I have a Suburban which is about 2x as long as the S60 and I can't say I ever had an issue pulling into a parking space.

9th Aug 2010, 15:05

August 9th,2010, I just got home from test driving a S60 AWD, used not new, and I did not notice any turn problems. I did however find this vehicle to have less blind spots than my current car (Nissan Maxima). Very quick, agile handling and a aggressive throttle. Parallel parking not a problem...