2008 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2 from North America

Summary:

An almost perfect car, with a hated dealer!

In heavy rainy days, when putting the car in reverse, the rear parking sensor beeps. It has happened a few times, and the next day when the water is over, it goes away. I am out of warranty, and have been too lazy to go to the dealer!

General Comments:

This car is just perfect in every aspect. When I compare it with my Lexus, I find the Japanese car full of Mickey Mouse parts! This car is for a real truck lover, and at the same time my wife is eager to borrow it whenever she finds an excuse.

Aside from the dealer (which is not on the level of such a great car), I do not see any reason my next car will not be another (next gen) XC90.

Review Date: 13th October, 2012

2008 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2 from Germany

Summary:

Seems to be a perfect fit for me

The rear parking sensor beeps sometimes on rainy days. I should take it to the dealer to check it.

General Comments:

This is my first SUV and first non-German car. However, I should admit it is better than expected. I felt in love on a test drive, and still love it. If the XC60 was out 3 years ago, I would pick it, but it doesn't mean I am not keeping my XC90 for several more years.

Review Date: 15th June, 2011

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 6 cylinder AWD from Lebanon

Summary:

Highly recommended

Absolutely nothing.

General Comments:

The Volvo XC90 is one of the best SUVs in the market today.

Safe, reliable, durable, versatile and smartly designed.

The premium sound system, 12 Dynaudio speakers (optional), is one of the best car audio systems installed in any car, any make and any model year.

The 3.2 six cylinder engine should produce more horse power than the 238 available.

The car has a high fuel consumption, but this is somehow normal for vehicles of this weight.

If you are looking for muscles and performance, look somewhere else, Volvos are designed for people who value aesthetics, safety and reliability.

Review Date: 4th November, 2010

2008 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2 from North America

Summary:

A great buy for anyone with a family,

So far my new XC90 has been flawless. I have only had to change the oil and get it detailed.

General Comments:

The XC90 is a dream to drive with great visibility and the most comfortable seats ever. Long trips are easy in this Volvo.

Review Date: 29th July, 2008