5th Sep 2014, 10:57

Wings in the UK (fenders in the US) are the panels either side of the bonnet (hood) that contain the wheel arches.

6th Sep 2014, 11:02

Wings = fenders. That's why in the old days, say the 1960s, a chrome mirror mounted on either side of the car thereabouts of above the front tyres, were known as "wing mirrors."