2004 Toyota VIOS E 1.5 1NZ-FE
Well balanced in between reliability, performance, economy and ride comfort
- Need to repaint it due to it being an old car.
- Moderate fuel consumption, 13.5km/l for mixed town and highway. Cruising at less than 3,000 RPM will save more fuel for the VVT-i engine. The max I can get is 16.2km/l.
- The engine is slightly noisy when at more than 130 km/h.
- Seats are not as comfortable if compared to a Nissan Sentra 1.6SG.
- Rear lamp rubber seal is not strong, easily stores water even after the original was replaced. You need to drill a tiny hole to allow water to leak out when there's heavy rain.
- Yellowish front lamps, which happens to all the same class models.
- Narrow rear passenger legroom, no choice, it was a compact sedan.
- UMW Toyota service center charges are scary, too expensive.
I acquired the car recently, an 11 year old car. All original genuine parts, non-modified from first driving until sold. It was a 1.5E with single airbag, front disc brakes and 14-inch alloy rims only.
- Chassis code NCP42, 1497cc, 1NZ-FE, DOHC, 16V, VVT-i.
- Very good acceleration, max speed up to 170km/h, all stock original, non-modified.
- Good noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) level.
- Equipped with a good 4-speaker audio system.
- Simple and stylish, well built compact sedan.
- Good balance between ride and handling with driving comfort.
- Low maintenance, less problematic electronics and reliable mechanical parts.
- Mechanical throttling system using a throttle cable.
- Proven reliable, so far no big issues, wear & tear.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 26th May, 2015