2001 Kia Carnival LS 2.9
I had alternator problem!
Most of the time, ABS light is on.
Sometimes, airbag light also on.
CD player not reliable.
This minivan is a good choice at its current price. However, I had a bad day with this van 3 weeks ago, alternator problem!
Interior is pretty good.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th January, 2004
2nd Sep 2005, 03:05
I experienced and feel a slight vibration in my KIA Carnival 2001 model whenever I shift the gear to D or R, is there a problem with the transmission or any other related trouble?
27th May 2006, 07:09
I also got several problem with my Kia Carnival 2001,2.9L turbo diesel.
1. High diesel consumption. 4.8kms to 5.2kms per liter. City driving
2. Rattle sound on my left sliding door.
3. Temperature up whenever I'm on uphill driving like going to tagaytay. Temperature gauge went to 3/4 but not overheating. Or when I drove the engine to 3000rpm the temp will go up.
4. Vibration on rear or drive position. (automatic transmission)
5. power steering assembly keeps on dripping oil.
6. Oil coming out from the turbo.
Wish somebody can help me solve the problem.