This is a copy of the letter that I wrote to the dealer, and Peugeot UK; it sums up most of the problems I have had.
1. Fusebox cover – The fusebox cover has come loose, and upon inspection, I have found that the retaining clips are broken, thus it rattles whilst driving. I would be very grateful if this could be fixed, and that it is secured back in position properly.
2. Loss of power – the engine feels very ‘limp’, and over the last few weeks I have noticed that it is gradually losing more, and more power. It feels nothing like the car I bought, and needs heavy use of the accelerator to get the car moving at speed. It feels a lot slower than other 206 1.4’s I have driven, and even without over-revving the engine, it feels very rough, and harsh. The engine seems to vibrate a lot, and it is possible to feel this through both the pedals and the gearstick.
3. Brakes – The brakes feel very loose, and again, need a hard push on them to get them to work, they are not as tight and precise as they used to be; obviously this could be due to wear and tear on the pads, but I hardly think that it could be this after only 2000 miles.
4. Suspension – The suspension has seem to become very stiff, and at any speed the car seems to bounce along the road, even on perfectly smooth surfaces, which it used to cope with very well, it now seems to bounce around on, and really ‘kicks’ passengers around, and the back seems to kick around a lot more than the front. The suspension has become so bad now, that it really affects my driving, and all my passengers notice the very harsh ride.
5. Engine – The engine seems to be running very rough. It sometimes stalls whilst on the move, especially when slowing down - which can be very nerve-racking, especially, if I am travelling at speed. Also it will often surge spontaneously, i.e. the rpm will increase by approx 1000 even though I have not increased the pressure applied to the accelerator, this is very disconcerting. Often the engine will surge spontaneously, and then stall.
6. Missing third seatbelt-receptacle in rear – Upon inspection, I cannot seem to find a third seatbelt receptacle in the rear seats. Perhaps it is tucked away under the seat; I am not quite sure.
7. Rattling from door panels – When playing music at moderate, not loud, levels, a severe rattling sound comes from the door cards, this is very pronounced at speed. It may be due to the speakers themselves, but I am not too sure.
8. Hesitancy upon starting – Sometimes, whether hot or cold, the engine is a little hesitant to start, and seems to ‘cough’, and ‘splutter’ upon starting.